Ovation Speciality Dining Package.

RCI usually offer speciality dining packages which in the past I have found to be good value.

You upcoming cruise may not offer a dining package due to it being holiday season cruising, my recent cruise on ovation did not offer a speciality dining package.If the dining package is offered on your cruise planner buy it before thursday as they will probably close off online sales at that point-3 days prior to sailing.

regards Peter

RCI usually offer speciality dining packages which in the past I have found to be good value.

You upcoming cruise may not offer a dining package due to it being holiday season cruising, my recent cruise on ovation did not offer a speciality dining package.If the dining package is offered on your cruise planner buy it before thursday as they will probably close off online sales at that point-3 days prior to sailing.

regards Peter

Only the Ultimate Dining Package is on offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They recently had a 3 night, 4 night and 5 night package on offer to buy onboard. This was on the December sailing. The three night package included bottomless brunch, specialty dining, cupcake making and sushi making class. It was $US85 per person.

There seems to be an awful lot of 'cover charge eateries' on Ovation of the Seas.

There sure is!! We have booked Chops for one meal (we got a decent price) but that's it... MDR and Windjammer for us plus a room service meal perhaps. We are happy to pay the charge for that but as for all the specialty restaurants, no, there's enough to eat on a cruise already.

They have GF in most of them too,so you can Tuckin' Uncle Les.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Well, I am against paying cover charges to eat on the ships, I have already paid a motza to get on, GF or no GF.:halo: To me, cover charges on the ships are another revenue source. On Princess I am happy with the MDR, Horizon Court Buffet and the Pizza/Burger joints, gratis.

Well, I am against paying cover charges to eat on the ships, I have already paid a motza to get on, GF or no GF.:halo: To me, cover charges on the ships are another revenue source. On Princess I am happy with the MDR, Horizon Court Buffet and the Pizza/Burger joints, gratis.

Thats the way its head'n Uncle Les.....either pay top dollar and have everything included "free" , or pay a lower price and then add on what you choose to pay for .

Thats the way its head'n Uncle Les.....either pay top dollar and have everything included "free" , or pay a lower price and then add on what you choose to pay for .

I know David...called...'User Pay.' :o

It is also to keep the demand down (aka Tragedy of the Commons). People would want to eat in the specialty restaurants if they were free but will not pay for the pleasure, so they do not become over booked.

It is also to keep the demand down (aka Tragedy of the Commons). People would want to eat in the specialty restaurants if they were free but will not pay for the pleasure, so they do not become over booked.

I don't think they were ever conceptualised as free.

Some of the first on mainstream lines were on Celebrity ships. They were very much a special, five star experience and priced at a premium for the extra.

Of course they've since gotten rid of those after paring back the experience a lot, while increasing the price tag seeing them as a revenue stream.

I don't think they were ever conceptualised as free.

Some of the first on mainstream lines were on Celebrity ships. They were very much a special, five star experience and priced at a premium for the extra.

Of course they've since gotten rid of those after paring back the experience a lot, while increasing the price tag seeing them as a revenue stream.

Don't RCI charge for the 'Johnny Rockets' Burgers on board? That is wrong, the kids would love Johnny Rockets.' Thus the family has to did deep.:evilsmile:

Why have the cover charge eateries then Mic, if they are for the select few, then no fear of 'overbooking.' Let us go back to the days of MDR and buffet. Well in my early days, there was not even a buffet, save for the odd deck buffet. Talking about the 60's, 1960's NOT 1860's, lol.:')

I have never cruised on Ovation, but have cruised radiance and Explorer and on both of them we bought the 3 dinner specialty meal package when we got on board.

They were selling them the whole cruise and the cruises were over Christmas and New Years, so I do not see why they would not offer a similar thing on Ovation.

Don't RCI charge for the 'Johnny Rockets' Burgers on board? That is wrong, the kids would love Johnny Rockets.' Thus the family has to did deep.:evilsmile:

Yes... and prices have just gone up yet again. (Though Johnny Rockets is not on Ovation; they have a noodle house instead to cater for its Asian market base.)

It's kind of crazy but I'm feeling pressure to buy into the specialty restaurants - it's as if I'll be missing out? I have bought a night at Chops Grille for a decent price (and because the menu suits us) but seriously, there is so much food on a cruise ship without spending extra. I'm no great foodie and am happy with the normal food offered as long as there are good, healthy choices.

Yes... and prices have just gone up yet again. (Though Johnny Rockets is not on Ovation; they have a noodle house instead to cater for its Asian market base.)
The Aussies families would prefer Johnny Rockets, like a good burger.:cool:

The Aussies families would prefer Johnny Rockets, like a good burger.:cool:

Probably so... but then they have to choose whether they want a ship based in Asia like Ovation, or a ship based in the US, like Explorer and Voyager.

That said, with Ovation's relocation in 2019, I'd expect if they are willing to wait til the end of that year... they can have both! :D

They can get burgers in the buffet for free, in addition JRs is a dining experience, a meal / snack with a show.