Sky Suite size differences?

dirtgirl

I am going to book a corner aft sky suite on the Reflection. Are there differences in the sizes of the balconies? If some balconies are larger, are the cabins then smaller?.

Dirt,

I believe all the corner SS1's are the same size. I believe all the verandas are the same size except on deck 6, where they are smaller. :)

We spend a LOT of time on our balcony and we occasionally heard chairs being moved but I can tell you that my DH napped on the balcony every day! The huge benefit of being sheltered by the overhang meant that we could enjoy the balcony without worrying about rain or excessive wind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dirt,

I believe all the corner SS1's are the same size. I believe all the verandas are the same size except on deck 6, where they are smaller. :)

Yes. I would avoid deck 6 on the Reflection for the S1's as the balcony is smaller than the other decks. On all the other S Class ships though, the S1 balconies on all decks are the same size. Reflection deck 6 is the exception due to the extra added cabins.

Be aware that there is window washing equipment that is usually located on the side of the ship, (deck 10 maybe). It's not a big deal but may impact your nice big porthole and the view around the corner. If you have your pick, it might be worth considering. We were on deck 9 and loved it.

Google for an aft photo and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Don't you get noise from the Oceanview above?

We usually stay in the corner S1 on deck 12 for the same reason as Watchdiva.

The noise for the OV outside deck is annoyance at times, but we feel it is a worthwhile trade off.

OP, the location of the window washing equipment on the side can be a factor and the decks most affected varies by ship. There is a pole in the cabin, but the pole has never bothered us.

We love the corner S1 suites.

We try and avoid deck 10 for that reason but deck 11 and deck 9 are both great. Actually while there is the washing equipment on deck 10 it really does not interfere with your view from either the round window or the balcony but it is there and if you are sailing in very windy conditions you do hear it in the cabin particularly at night.

Be aware that there is window washing equipment that is usually located on the side of the ship, (deck 10 maybe). It's not a big deal but may impact your nice big porthole and the view around the corner. If you have your pick, it might be worth considering. We were on deck 9 and loved it.

Google for an aft photo and you'll see what I'm talking about.

We are on deck 9.. question, is the balcony shaded, thanks

We are on deck 9.. question, is the balcony shaded, thanks

Deck 9 has a small overhang, as do all of them except deck 12. Deck 12 is a little noisy in the early mornings and evenings due to the scrapping of tables and chairs. The spider is on deck 11 and not ten, unless it was moved this year. The first photo is 12, the second is 9. You can compare the differences yourself, but the position of the sun is most important. The sizes are comparable, but the aft sky suits are shaped differently and are IMHO better due to seeing the wake...as Texed noted, stay away from deck 6!!!![

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180124/8d9cbc63760f25bf993eb11400d334ce.jpg[/img]f0bead6101e1ed85d48b5e539591d154.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These photos are from Reflection.

Edited by Lastdance

With the sunset bar being on top and the way that the cabins are angled at the back, don’t you loose all the privacy?

From what I can remember, when I was at the sunset bar and I was looking down, I could see very well the people on their balcony.

With the sunset bar being on top and the way that the cabins are angled at the back, don’t you loose all the privacy?

From what I can remember, when I was at the sunset bar and I was looking down, I could see very well the people on their balcony.

Some privacy, yes; however, it just depends on what you are wearing and how much privacy you want to have...you can stay farther back on the deck. The S1 corner afts are more on the corner and not straight down in the middle of the ship.

There is an overhang at the sunset bar which gives a bit of privacy and the way the balconies are staggered down you really only see someone below if they are standing at the rail. If you are in the seats with your back to the door, the best anyone will see is your feet.

Deck 9 has a small overhang, as do all of them except deck 12. Deck 12 is a little noisy in the early mornings and evenings due to the scrapping of tables and chairs. The spider is on deck 11 and not ten, unless it was moved this year. The first photo is 12, the second is 9. You can compare the differences yourself, but the position of the sun is most important. The sizes are comparable, but the aft sky suits are shaped differently and are IMHO better due to seeing the wake...as Texed noted, stay away from deck 6!!!![

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180124/8d9cbc63760f25bf993eb11400d334ce.jpg[/img]f0bead6101e1ed85d48b5e539591d154.jpg

On the Eclipse the washing gear is on deck ten. It is one up on the Sillhouette and Reflection I think but I was in 1198 several years ago on the Eclipse and it was beside us.

The first picture didn't pop up for me. We are in 2217 on Reflection next year (Deck 12 port side corner). Are you saying it has a problematic view because of the spider on Deck 11? Any information is greatly appreciated!

The first picture didn't pop up for me. We are in 2217 on Reflection next year (Deck 12 port side corner). Are you saying it has a problematic view because of the spider on Deck 11? Any information is greatly appreciated!

We have stayed in 2217 and 2208 with 3 more cruises booked alternating between 2208 and 2217 over the next 2 years. Here is 2208 from December to show the depth of overhang. No real spider seen except for a tiny bitIMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180124/a3c75569ea261f9303f76f49fe97f067.jpg[/img]

we just booked Silhouette 1665. the Celebrity rep claimed the cabin is larger than the other S-1's. don't know if its true. we booked mostly because we love aft cabins and the size of the balcony. I hope the window washing equipment is not in the way.

Never said that, as the spider is on deck 11. Here is your deck...12... and second photo; is deck 9 on Reflection with overhang...there is an open person mover to the side, but it does not block your view. Sorry you could not open both photos! IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180124/f97afea4ab09cfe104fe41810a49c4ae.jpg[/img]a8b5eb2462722187b3ce7ec96213bde4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums31018307b2872db6afca0a0b3e0e016a.jpg

So deck 12 photo and deck 9 photo on Reflection! Spider is on 11, so in April, we are booked on deck 10, as we do not want the noise or the spider...just our choice!

Edited by Lastdance

Sorry that my picture didn’t show but this one is even better. We moved the table into the corner near the divider which blocked some of the wind which was perfect! I do LOVE this balcony!!

Actually, I do too, but unfortunately I have great hearing and all the scrapping really bothered me, but my DH was fine!