On the Eclipse

KCalla

We're on the Feb. 4th sailing of the Eclipse and expect to be in St. Maarten on Feb. 7th

Good to hear. I was looking at some of the port websites and St. Thomas has you there and Philipsburg shows Feb 21 as the first visit of the Eclipse.

We are on the March 18th sailing, so do let us know how things are progressing. We've been to St. Maarten multiple times and with many of the usual haunts reportedly still shut down, we were considering staying aboard, or possibly just making a quick visit in Philipsburg.

From the Celebrity web-site -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/port-status-updates

St. Maarten

This popular cruise destination suffered significant damage, but communications, power, and water have all been restored. Although several shops remain closed, Great Bay Beach (near the pier) is in great shape. The port plans to receive cruise ships later this month, and our first visit is scheduled for February 6, 2018 with Celebrity EquinoxSM.

We are sailing on the Eclipse this May & I have been unsuccessful registering

for the Meet & Mingle. Is it too far in advance to complete the sign up ?

No, just ongoing IT issues. For our March 18 cruise, some roll call members have been successful, others not. We're in the latter group. Apparently one can just show up if unsuccessful in registering.

No, just ongoing IT issues. For our March 18 cruise, some roll call members have been successful, others not. We're in the latter group. Apparently one can just show up if unsuccessful in registering.

Yes, that's always been the case, anyone can just up, don't need to reserve a spot, can ask the CC host/hostess (deck 3 by guest relations) if you don't see details or get invitation

I embarked the Eclipse on Feb. 4. On Feb. 5 I saw that the glass blowing area has yellow “police tape” around it AND no shows were listed in the program for the first or second day at sea. I didn’t ask about it but unfortunately I’m pretty sure it’s being dismantled. Bummer. I really enjoyed it on our last four Eclipse cruises.

Fyi. When we were on our Solstice cruise earlier this month, the time and location for the CC party was posted on the Community Board located at Guest Relations.

d9cd1d2e56122e3b75027fb5bb48725f.jpg

Great that they post the Cruise critic gathering on the bulletin board. We were on the eclipse a few weeks ago and it wasn't posted. Hope they post in March on the Silhouette as some people weren't notified of the get to gether and missed it.

I embarked the Eclipse on Feb. 4. On Feb. 5 I saw that the glass blowing area has yellow “police tape” around it AND no shows were listed in the program for the first or second day at sea. I didn’t ask about it but unfortunately I’m pretty sure it’s being dismantled. Bummer. I really enjoyed it on our last four Eclipse cruises.

Stop the presses! I should NOT have posted my impression. I asked at the front desk and he called someone and then told me that the show would be during our first port day, tomorrow. I find that a bit strange but hopefully he meant tomorrow night after we leave St. Maarten. I’ll report back.

It was held in Cellar Masters on the first day at sea. While we had registered, we did not have an invitation in our room on boarding. Not a problem. Knowing that the event is often held on the first day at sea, we went down to check with guest relations and got the information. The guest relations representative checked, added our name to the list, and gave us the info. There would have been no problem attending had we not gotten "on the list", but we needed the time and place. I did not think to check the community postings board (which is just to the left of Guest Relations).

We had signed up for the Connections party on board as well but did not receive any invites. I did not think to check the board-----Oh well, good cruise anyway.

Stop the presses! I should NOT have posted my impression. I asked at the front desk and he called someone and then told me that the show would be during our first port day, tomorrow. I find that a bit strange but hopefully he meant tomorrow night after we leave St. Maarten. I’ll report back.

The Corning Hot Glass Show will be from 8PM-10PM on Friday, Feb. 9 on the Eclipse!

The Corning Hot Glass Show will be from 8PM-10PM on Friday, Feb. 9 on the Eclipse!

Please can you ask if the Hot Glass Show will still be available on the Eclipse March 18 sailing. Hoping it is, but becoming resigned to the probability of it being closed down before we arrive onboard. Appreciate your posts.

I’m at the Eclipse Corning hot glass show right now. It will be “off” the Eclipse effective April 1, 2018. It’s already off Equinox. Solstice will have it longer since it’s cruising Australia and New Zealand. Another company will come onboard and will let passengers blow their own ornaments and things like that for a cost. Corning Glass didn’t want to be that company since its mission is to teach people. This info was from one of the Corning Glass blowers during tonight’s show.

Yes, it sounds like these three guys are on the Eclipse until April 1 to do shows. They just spent the last week or so re-building the furnaces, etc. since that has to be done every two years or so. They did it two years ago on my cruise, too, and so there were fewer shows. But these guys just said they’re going to cram in more shows on this cruise to make up for the missed ones! They have good attitudes and are bummed that their jobs “end” April 1 but seem to want to make sure Corning Glass leaves a good taste in people’s mouths compared to the company coming onboard.

I’m at the Eclipse Corning hot glass show right now. It will be “off” the Eclipse effective April 1, 2018. It’s already off Equinox. Solstice will have it longer since it’s cruising Australia and New Zealand. Another company will come onboard and will let passengers blow their own ornaments and things like that for a cost. Corning Glass didn’t want to be that company since its mission is to teach people. This info was from one of the Corning Glass blowers during tonight’s show.

Yes, it sounds like these three guys are on the Eclipse until April 1 to do shows. They just spent the last week or so re-building the furnaces, etc. since that has to be done every two years or so. They did it two years ago on my cruise, too, and so there were fewer shows. But these guys just said they’re going to cram in more shows on this cruise to make up for the missed ones! They have good attitudes and are bummed that their jobs “end” April 1 but seem to want to make sure Corning Glass leaves a good taste in people’s mouths compared to the company coming onboard.

Can you tell me if Ryan Doolittle is still one of the gaffers on board? She was on a couple of years ago and my husband won one of the glasses she made with an octopus wrapped around it. Was hoping she would still be on board. Thanks

The three Corning Glass people are men. One came this cruise from the Equinox, one came aboard about two weeks ago and one has been on awhile. One is named Jeremy and I didn’t catch the other two names but they’ve had Celebrity contracts before and two of the three have worked together for either three or four contracts.

The three Corning Glass people are men. One came this cruise from the Equinox, one came aboard about two weeks ago and one has been on awhile. One is named Jeremy and I didn’t catch the other two names but they’ve had Celebrity contracts before and two of the three have worked together for either three or four contracts.

Thanks - I know Ryan loved to travel and do glass. Are they still raffling off pieces at the end of the shows?

Yes, they are still doing the raffles and the last day of cruise charity auction. Last night they didn’t do a raffle since it was the first cruise show (at least that’s why I guess they didn’t do the raffle!).

Last night’s show was 8-10PM and tonight’s is 8-11PM. Yesterday we were in St. Lucia and today we are in Barbados. Tomorrow is a sea day.

Yes, they are still doing the raffles and the last day of cruise charity auction. Last night they didn’t do a raffle since it was the first cruise show (at least that’s why I guess they didn’t do the raffle!).

Last night’s show was 8-10PM and tonight’s is 8-11PM. Yesterday we were in St. Lucia and today we are in Barbados. Tomorrow is a sea day.

Again, thanks for the information.