Fort Lauderdale Hotels

tbaby2020

Ditto to this post. Rooms are large (although the bathroom is tiny) and rooms have a large comfortable sitting area and they offer a complimentary buffet breakfast which includes waffles which you make yourself and many other hot and cold items. :D

We stayed at the Hyatt 17th St Convention center a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights pre-cruise. On the first morning there, there was no longer a waffle machine and they had pancakes already made up along with sausage and the regular offerings.

We went down to the small bar to have a glass of wine and talked with the bartender-check in agent the night before the cruise. I asked about the waffle machine and he said Hyatt told them to no longer use the machine as they were going to healthier options. He did say, though, that there are times when they make waffles and bacon for breakfast and they are put out for the guests.

The next morning on my way to breakfast, I ran into the same man and he was so excited to tell me that they had waffles and bacon that morning. So, I got my waffle fill for the cruise and then had no room for lunch on the ship.

We stayed at the Hyatt 17th St Convention center a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights pre-cruise. On the first morning there, there was no longer a waffle machine and they had pancakes already made up along with sausage and the regular offerings.

We went down to the small bar to have a glass of wine and talked with the bartender-check in agent the night before the cruise. I asked about the waffle machine and he said Hyatt told them to no longer use the machine as they were going to healthier options. He did say, though, that there are times when they make waffles and bacon for breakfast and they are put out for the guests.

The next morning on my way to breakfast, I ran into the same man and he was so excited to tell me that they had waffles and bacon that morning. So, I got my waffle fill for the cruise and then had no room for lunch on the ship.

Sorry to hear there is no longer a waffle machine and hello, are pancakes really more healthy than waffles? Maybe cheaper which I suspect is the real reason for the demise of the waffle machine.

$$$ is usually the bottom line, but I thank you, Katie, for the info. :)

Steve O

It was the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port Airport- found it through trip advisor at the time.

It is next to a small mall with a grocery store for anything you need as well as a great sports bar called Slackers which we used the night before the cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Steve O

It was the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port Airport- found it through trip advisor at the time.

It is next to a small mall with a grocery store for anything you need as well as a great sports bar called Slackers which we used the night before the cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Thanks.....this is the one my wife zeroed in on.

Steve O It was the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruise Port Airport- found it through trip advisor at the time. It is next to a small mall with a grocery store for anything you need as well as a great sports bar called Slackers which we used the night before the cruise. Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app
Thanks.....this is the one my wife zeroed in on.

Embassy Suites is very popular, and walking distance to stores, wine, restaurants.

We have always stayed at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale, you can walk to the grocery stores, fast food stores and they have a free shuttle service to the port. The rooms are fully equipped with cooking facilities and refrigerator.

We have always stayed at the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale, you can walk to the grocery stores, fast food stores and they have a free shuttle service to the port. The rooms are fully equipped with cooking facilities and refrigerator.

Are they located near 17th St?

We are needing two rooms for April 6th before getting on Harmony of the Seas. Prices seem crazy for some of these places, $300+ for Hyatt Place. How does the Valuetrips site work? It is showing rate of $119, are you guaranteed that rate when you send in request?

We are needing two rooms for April 6th before getting on Harmony of the Seas. Prices seem crazy for some of these places, $300+ for Hyatt Place. How does the Valuetrips site work? It is showing rate of $119, are you guaranteed that rate when you send in request?

We booked the Hyatt House in Dania Beach for our pre-cruise night because it was "only" 8,000 Hyatt points, maybe that would work? Looks like $215 for your night.

We stayed last year at the Marriott with a ocean view! Awesome place right on the boardwalk! This year we’re staying at the Hilton marina right on the water taxi route. We just Uber our rides, works great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Dania Beach--Ft. Lauderdale Airport. The Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn are good. They have airport to hotel shuttles and will arrange for you to be taken to the pier. Sometimes it gets charged sometimes it doesn't. Doesn't cost much though.

I am sorry if this was suggested earlier. Last year we stayed at hotel Sheldon in Hollywood. It was fantastic! Right on the boardwalk, or as they call it the broadwalk. So much to see and do. Right on the beach with a ton of stores, restaurants. I would stay there again anytime! We paid about 200.00,per room.