Themed Formal nights

KIWICRUZER

Can anyone assist with the following we are booked on the QM2 and there are 3 THEMED Formal nights, the question is what do you wear if it is Themed as I will be wearing a Tuxedo and my wife will be blinged.

One Theme is Masked , so no problem there, the next one is Black and White I guess the Tux qualifies? And the next one is South Pacific, do wear a Hawaiian shirt under my suit ??

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are Cunard's descriptions of the three themed evenings you have mentioned. These are taken from the answer to the FAQ "Do you have theme nights on board?".

Black & White or Cunard Ball

A Cunard tradition and the first Royal Event of the voyage. Includes the classic “Officers Gavotte” dance.

Gentlemen - Tuxedo

Ladies - Evening gown

Appropriate black and white gowns and accessories

Masquerade Ball / Venetian Masked Ball

The Masquerade / Venetian Masked Ball, with a mysterious feel, takes you back to the grand old days of Venice.

Gentlemen - Domino masks

Ladies – Fans and harlequin masks

Any Venetian Mardi Gras style masks can be worn (a selection are available for purchase on the night)

South Pacific or Pacific Ball

The Queens Room comes alive with the colours and warmth of the South Pacific.

Gentlemen – White formal jacket or influences from the Musical ‘South Pacific’

Ladies – Brightly coloured floral dresses, leis and flowers in hair

Please note this suggested attire for the themed evenings is completely optional. In my experience, many if not most passengers simply wear their usual attire appropriate for that evening's dress code.

Regards, John

Black & White is easy for both of us to conform to, we really don't bother trying to accessories for the other nights (DW in particular isn't a night owl so its not worth it for us anyway).

Edited by Underwatr

For the Masked Night, you will bring your mask, if you wish, to the Queen's Room if you want to attend the Masked Ball. You should not wear your mask to dinner, and it is not necessary in other areas of the ship.

Sadly if the themed balls were allowed to progress in the theme of the evening and be of a reasonable duration, they might be better joined in costume. However, most of these themed balls are taken over by the entertainment director and the dance couple with games and exhibitions so there ends up being very limited actual dance time for the passengers in their costumes, As the result repeat customers tend not to participate. in depth.

For the Masked Night, you will bring your mask, if you wish, to the Queen's Room if you want to attend the Masked Ball. You should not wear your mask to dinner, and it is not necessary in other areas of the ship.

I've always worn my mask throughout the ship and as I walk into the dining room. Plenty of others do as well.

Am sure we will be wearing our masks as we walk into the Dining Room. Otherwise why advertise a themed evening if it’s to be acted out only in the Ballroom? Illogical!

Because it's the theme for the Ball which is held in the Ballroom.

Because it's the theme for the Ball which is held in the Ballroom.

Then surely it must be made clear in the literature and internet that dressing up for themed evenings is only necessary if you are going to the ballroom after dinner.

Otherwise, for dining it is black tie for formal evenings and no tie/tie and suit for informal evenings.

My Wife and I were under the impression that the themed evenings applied throughout the ship in all facilities.

Then surely it must be made clear in the literature and internet that dressing up for themed evenings is only necessary if you are going to the ballroom after dinner.

Otherwise, for dining it is black tie for formal evenings and no tie/tie and suit for informal evenings.

My Wife and I were under the impression that the themed evenings applied throughout the ship in all facilities.

Dressing for themed evenings is not necessary. It's optional.

:)