Allowance bringing wine aboard for single passenger - one or two bottles??

amusea

We are traveling in April with a friend who has never sailed on Celebrity before and he would like to bring two bottles of wine aboard into his cabin which is single occupancy. With this be allowed? Is the wine bottle allowance per person or per cabin?

We are traveling in April with a friend who has never sailed on Celebrity before and he would like to bring two bottles of wine aboard into his cabin which is single occupancy. With this be allowed? Is the wine bottle allowance per person or per cabin?

It should be fine. It is supposed 2 bottles per room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Two 750 ml bottles per stateroom. I suggest putting the wine in your carry-on.

Quick tip...we did not have the drink package on our last cruise and brought a nice bottle of fortified Port Wine...had to explain to security on the way in that it was a "wine" and a supervisor came over to say it qualified

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

This will vary, though. Sometimes, all fortified wine is confiscated and sometimes, it will go through. Just depends on who is checking. Just sayin' ... you may or may not get it on next time.

Another frequent solo cruiser here. I have carried two bottles on many times. It is two bottles per cabin, not one per person. I don’t recommend putting any in your checked luggage. You could well spend time in the “naughty room”’ opening your luggage for them to inspect the wine.

Another frequent solo cruiser here. I have carried two bottles on many times. It is two bottles per cabin, not one per person. I don’t recommend putting any in your checked luggage. You could well spend time in the “naughty room”’ opening your luggage for them to inspect the wine.

And then schlepping your luggage to your cabin.

I don’t recommend putting any in your checked luggage. You could well spend time in the “naughty room”’ opening your luggage for them to inspect the wine.

I got busted for "smuggling" maple syrup.:')

Quick tip...we did not have the drink package on our last cruise and brought a nice bottle of fortified Port Wine...had to explain to security on the way in that it was a "wine" and a supervisor came over to say it qualified

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Awesome as I will be boarding in Lisbon after a couple of nights in Oporto