Aza****ng Evening

Kangakid

A query when an Azamazing evening commences at 7pm does it include a meal or just drinks. Our itinerary isn't clear and as this is my first cruise on Azamara don't know whether it is appropriate to have a bite to eat before we leave for the evening. The evening is in Bali in mid March....thanks in anticipation.....Vicki

A query when an Azamazing evening commences at 7pm does it include a meal or just drinks. Our itinerary isn't clear and as this is my first cruise on Azamara don't know whether it is appropriate to have a bite to eat before we leave for the evening. The evening is in Bali in mid March....thanks in anticipation.....Vicki

Welcome to your first Azamara experience! It depends on the venue and arrangements. Usually but not always. Unless it's advertised as an inclusion in the description of the evening, an early buffet dinner is served on the ship in both the Windows and Discoveries restaurants. Upon return to the ship post event something similar is offered. Dinner options will be advertised in your daily program providing location and times. We have been to a number of evenings where there has been a number of catering options included, dinner, no dinner, snacks, no snacks, usually there are drinks, sometimes no alcohol due to local customs etc but rest assured Azamara make sure you DON'T starve! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Further to my above post our last two where in Europe in October using Cathedrals and a historical Opera house and we acknowledged that it would be impractical and 'messy' to hold catered for functions, but it does differ. We've had meals at Castles in Europe, the two before that were a complete meal at a hotel in Sri Lanka and snacks at Wadi Rum in Jordan. Not having looked at your itinerary when we were in Indonesia the Azamazing evening was at a Buddhist temple so catering was limited, but there was plenty of cold water! Either way you'll get to experience something unique.

The programme for the evening should be clear whether a meal is included or just canapés etc. The Insider programme on the ship will show the opening hours for Windows that day and what food is being offered on the ship and when. If the event doesn’t offer a meal, then Windows will be open before and after it.

Best thing to do is to ask the question when you are onboard. Speak to someone at the Shore Excursions desk. They'll be able to tell you the format and give an idea as to the extent of the catering.

Phil

Yes bear in mind just because the arrangements were one way on someone’s previous cruise doesn’t mean even for the same venue it’s that way again as guest feedback will lead to changes- an onboard strength of Azamara.

Two key things, there will be onboard food timings vary each cruise for both pre and post event eating plus for those who don’t go to the event there will be Service in the MDR and one speciality again, which one and when varies

Best detail is from Land Discoveries onboard to allow for last minute changes

A written description of the Evening is delivered to every stateroom with all of the details: pre-Evening buffet locations and serving hours; restaurant opening hours for those not attending; departure times for the Evening; starting and approximate ending time for the Evening 's event; location and time for post-Evening snack/dessert service.

A written description of the Evening is delivered to every stateroom with all of the details: pre-Evening buffet locations and serving hours; restaurant opening hours for those not attending; departure times for the Evening; starting and approximate ending time for the Evening 's event; location and time for post-Evening snack/dessert service.

This is indeed the case but as it doesn’t arrive until the day before the event in most cases, guests may want to know more details earlier in the cruise as it seemed the OP did. For that reason

I think Phil’s answer/advice was most appropriate.

Question off topic. I am not going and did not sign up on Shore Excursions. Do I need to do anything else?

Thank you

Kathy

No you do not. Enjoy your evening! You will see on the various information sources your options for eating onboard

We just attended an Azamazing evening in Bali. I do not know if you will be in the same location. But on ours, ...dinner was a buffet in either Windows or Discovery. Snacks were served upon returning to the ship. Drinks were served at the event along with some local food. (Snacks) There was one recommendation that many people made so I am not sure whether Azamara will make the change or not. It was a beautiful venue and the performance was excellent. The problem was it took a long time to get there and the performance was short. Many people recommended they either lengthen the performance or find a closer venue. But, it was well worth attending and the local dancers and costumes were excellent. They will have bug spray there ( rainy season) .....but, probably good to plan ahead and spray beforehand. Hoe this helps you...but as others have posted, it could change for your Azamazing evening.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I am just one of those persons who like to be well prepared. My evening is not scheduled until March, so maybe after the comments from those attending this most recent evening plans may change closer to the date, but if not I am sure it will still be a great experience. Thanks all V.