Naples Italy Excursion

IRdoc

Is umberto with RomeinLimo?

Without a doubt YES!!!

We used Umberto-7 of us. Get a guide for Pompeii-Umberto can arrange-SOOOO many lit`s things to learn. And then on to the coast-My God , it is spectacular! We stopped at a mountainside restaurant, where he knows the folks there. 25 Euros all you can eat and drink. They grow all the vegetables next to the place and make their own wine (it just kept coming) and their own limoncello.

The meal and view was spectacular.

We still think it ranks in the top 1 to 2 excursions ever!!! Umberto speaks excellent English.

BTW skip Naples-dirty and as far as the birthplace of Pizza-no big deal!

Is umberto with RomeinLimo?

Umberto is with joebananalimos, aka Italytoursharing.com. We had him for our Amalfi coast and Pompeii excursion last June and he is very good! He took us to the restaurant up the mountain of Positano. The food, the wine, the view and the atmosphere were amazing!

A little over 3 years ago we used CBM ( Can't be missed tours) We had the whole day tour going along the Almalfi coast and time in Pompeii. It was 65 e which wasn't too bad considering alot of the tour prices and all 5 of us really enjoyed our day!

Unfortunately there is never enough time to see everything!

George C. how long would you say it takes to see Pompeii? Would you say 2-3 hours without being rushed?

it takes probably at least a day to see it all, as it's many acres, but if you have a tour guide, they kind of have condensed routes they can take you through. 2-3 hrs is enough to kind of get the feel for it. A guide is VERY helpful and wouldn't go without one!

Umberto is with joebananalimos, aka Italytoursharing.com. We had him for our Amalfi coast and Pompeii excursion last June and he is very good! He took us to the restaurant up the mountain of Positano. The food, the wine, the view and the atmosphere were amazing!

We did the same tour two years ago (I forget who our guide was) and I agree, it was the highlight of our cruise. Our boys still talk about the lunch on the hillside and the tour guide they set up for us at Pompeii was great as well!

Without a doubt YES!!!

We used Umberto-7 of us. Get a guide for Pompeii-Umberto can arrange-SOOOO many lit`s things to learn. And then on to the coast-My God , it is spectacular! We stopped at a mountainside restaurant, where he knows the folks there. 25 Euros all you can eat and drink. They grow all the vegetables next to the place and make their own wine (it just kept coming) and their own limoncello.

The meal and view was spectacular.

We still think it ranks in the top 1 to 2 excursions ever!!! Umberto speaks excellent English.

BTW skip Naples-dirty and as far as the birthplace of Pizza-no big deal!

Totally agree with this poster. Naples is dirty and I don't ever have to go there again. Definitely get a guide for Pompeii or you miss out on so many interesting things that the guides know. We loved Pompeii, but it was HOT. Wear a hat.

Totally agree with this poster. Naples is dirty and I don't ever have to go there again. Definitely get a guide for Pompeii or you miss out on so many interesting things that the guides know. We loved Pompeii, but it was HOT. Wear a hat.

Sorrento is worth seeing too.

We used joebananalimos, aka Italytoursharing.com, last June while cruising on Azamara and had a great time!! Price was half what the cruise ships charge and service was impeccable!

I am Italian from Italy and I agree that you cannot do Capri and Pompeii in one day. I also agree that you should do Pompeii and Amalfi coast.

Don't forget to have a freshly squeezed lemonade in that region. Amalfi coast lemons are the BEST!! Enjoy!

Great for limoncello. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Naples Is a big, busy and cosmopolitan port and city. A crossroads in the Mediterranean with people and ferries going everywhere. It has probable been like that for hundreds if not thousands of years. Some areas are probably not entirely safe too. I hope to do the National Archaeological Museum in Naples which has artefacts from Pompeii, Stabiae and Herculaneum from Symphony. I loved Pompeii when I went years back. I agree you need a guide. I was too rough for the boat to Capri to dock when I tried that so I will have to book that again. The whole of that coast with the exception of Naples is staggeringly beautiful to me. I could go many times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you to the poster that mentioned the name that escaped me at the time I posted. Joe Banana arranged our tour of Pompeii and the Almalfi Coast. The guide he had waiting for us for Pompeii looked like he was from Hollywood casting. Older gentleman with an umbrella he used for a cane, dressed like he was headed to a country club with his starched white shirt, shoes with a military spit-shine and ascot on a day when we were POURING sweat, but not this guy. He said he was worried about my daughter because of the type shoes she was wearing on the uneven terrain. He was extremely knowledgeable with a wicked sense of humor. With a private guide, they can point out the most significant things in Pompeii. Everyone knew him and when we said we needed to go by the restroom before leaving Pompeii, he had us hold up a bit, came back and said the attendant was cleaning it up a bit for us and it was now ready. I would use them again in a heartbeat. We are still talking about how fortunate we were to have used Joe Banana.

Romeinlimo were waiting for us when we disembarked the ship took us straight to Pompeii We actually arrived about ten minutes before it opened.

The driver waited for us where he dropped us off and told us to be back in two hours from the site opening time.

We then visited Sorrento and Positano had an excellent drive along the amazing Amalfi coast and stopped at a beach side restaurant he knew which was excellent for about an hour for lunch.

Had a fantastic day and would highly recommend.

We had no guide but the driver told us everything we needed to know.

Also used them in Rome and hired there recommended guide who was worth the extra cost the lady was brilliant and she had purchased tickets beforehand to all the main sites enabling us to avoid all the lines she came round with us and told us everything we needed to know cannot speak highly enough of her.

Pizza Margherita in Naples is not to be missed.:D

I had them in Sorrento. The hotel had an restaurant by the pool and they had a wood fired pizza oven. They also had orange trees and olive trees and made there own orange juice and olive oil. All in the centre of the town. All the food I had in Italy was so good.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had them in Sorrento. The hotel had an restaurant by the pool and they had a wood fired pizza oven. They also had orange trees and olive trees and made there own orange juice and olive oil. All in the centre of the town. All the food I had in Italy was so good.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

reading your post makes me want to head over to Sorrento. Thanks for the info

Best wishes, Stephen.

Might have to do that Sorrento excursion!