Wrist Band vs Sea Pass Card

hurls88

6 hours ago, Happy Peach said:

I was on a suite on HoTS and got the bands.  One of the Sky class perks is that you don't have to make reservations for shows; you can just walk in.  The Wow bands won't work, they need to see your actual seapass card.

I have used a wow band on the Quantum and Anthem numerous times and the Harmony once and never did it NOT work to get into the shows.

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

I have used a wow ban on the Anthem numerous times and the Harmony once and never did it NOT work to get into the shows.

As I recall, the only time it would not work is departing the ship and muster drill.

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They often want to give you a new one with the correct muster station printed on it.

No marks on the ones for Harmony last month.

First week both were white. I thought that meant PC, but I was wrong.

Next week, more bands, but this time one black, one blue.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:20 PM, HallOfPromise said:

I know they are a bit of a gimmick, but I plan on getting some on our next cruise. They are only $5 and are reusable on other cruises that offer them. Plus I plan to take advantage of them while in the gym and at the pool when I may have the Sea Pass in another bag or something. Now I can leave the Sea Pass in the state room during gym and pool time.

We were on the Anthem in April & August and both times were told we could not reuse the Wow bands that we had to buy new ones each time.  They said it had something to do with the Muster station.  I hope this was true because we threw ours out.

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

We were on the Anthem in April & August and both times were told we could not reuse the Wow bands that we had to buy new ones each time.  They said it had something to do with the Muster station.  I hope this was true because we threw ours out.

That's not very 'green'

Maybe that's why the Harmony has no marks on theirs.

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 1:49 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I have used a wow band on the Quantum and Anthem numerous times and the Harmony once and never did it NOT work to get into the shows.

You missed an important point of what I was talking about: I was referring to the Suite / Sky class perk of not needing a reservation for any show - they see your purple Sky class seapass card and just wave you in and over to the reserved seating.  Same thing with the employees guarding the reserved seats: they need to see that specially colored Sky or Star card to let you in to the reserved row.  If you have a reservation to a show, then the band is enough to scan you in. 

My son tried going to a show without his seapass (only the wristband) and was told he couldn't come in without the actual seapass.  Again, because he didn't have a reservation (because we were sky class.)

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, Shippy said:

There is an area on the machine where you just tap the wristband. Very cool. No chance of forgetting your seapass card.

We will be on the Allure next & hoping they get the wristbands.

Slot machines also have you tap your cruise card on them - there is no physical slot to put your cruise card in on these ships.

I had one on the Symphony TA.  They're great, worked everywhere I needed it to, but...it's no MagicBand.

The bars or restaurants don't have wireless readers so you have to either take it off, or move to the register area.  Even then, the wire is sometimes too short so both barkeep and guest have to reach to make the connection.

It does not work with the photographers, they take your stateroom number, but it does work at the photo kiosks.

It works at the shows but you have to tap so the crewmember can see your status.

You can't use it on the gangway, which I can understand.  You can use it at the Muster Drill.

You can't use it for the Spa pass because you sill get a sticker.  Disclaimer, I never asked if they could put a sticker on the WOW Band.

The biggest fail?  They're not allowed on the waterslides.  Um.....ok....???

It is allowed on the zip line though.

I do not see me spending the money on the wow bands. If I already have to carry around my card for other things and if I have to constantly take the band off for it to be used, I just think the aggravation would not be worth it. 

• Like 1