Anything Else Besides Disney and Royal?

Tennant

Looking for a cruise that has some amenities for babies and better cabin types for families. Am I missing something besides Disney and Royal?

Baby splash area and nursery for under 3 is important to us.

Would like a suite or specially configured "family" cabin.

Would also prefer a line that does not charge full price for babies. Our guy is 10 months now, likely 14-15 months for our next cruise.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are paying for the 3/4 person in the cabin, not a baby/child/adult. The third body in the cabin is usually less than the first two. There are lines that offer Kids Sail Free options, but they (NCL, MSC) are not the ones with baby splash zones. EM

I think only RCI, Carnival and Disney have anything for under 3 years old...as far as nurseries go. Not every ship in Carnival or RCI has a baby splash pad area....so you need to do your research on that. Many folks will just bring a blow up tub that they can use for "splashing" on the pool deck....also useful if you only have a shower in the cabin, which is what most standard cabins have...no tubs!

The "kids sail free" options are on selected sailings or are promotions. They are not a regular occurrence.

P and O, Carnival and Cunard's main kids clubs start at 2, which might be helpful for the OP next year but not right now. Both P and O and Cunard allows children under 3 to be dropped off for their night nursery, but I believe the children at least on Cunard are supposed to be nearly asleep before being dropped off, and you might be called if they don't fall or stay asleep but I don't have any direct experience with this and cannot verify what the rules of the night nursery are.

Cunard allows children under 3 into the kids club with parental supervision, and Princess used to allow this before they renovated their kids clubs. Their website no longer mentions this option, but it might still be available (Cunard doesn't advertise their policy either, we were just told that on board).

The NCL escape also has a nursery, but I do not believe any other NCL ships have nurseries. You are limited to Disney, newer or some refurbished RC ships or the NCL escape for drop off nurseries for under 3s. Disney will let you sign up for hours on the nursery prior to boarding (cruisers with loyalty status and suites get to sign up first), and RC will let you sign up for some limited hours on the first night, and will open up all remaining hours after all families have had a chance to sign up for some time.

Cruise lines charge babies the same as adults because the Coast Guard treats them all the same. They have a certain capacity. Doesn't matter if it's an infant or adult. Some lines have promotions, but they generally don't care if it's a kid or not. Either way, they adjust the fare in a way that they still don't care if it's a kid or not. It's a body that counts against their max.

Many cruise lines do not charge 3rd/4th passengers the same even without promotions. Just went on Celebrity and 3rd passenger was half normally and then a promotion on top of it for 50% so the 3rd passengers was essentially 25%. This was very reasonable considering a baby doesn't use any services or eat any food. We keep our cabin cleaner than the stewards do so no lecture needed about the extra work caused for the staff because of our baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk