Quick review just off the escape

ericsilv3

Just off the escape last week and have very good time the crew and the service was fantastic the big shows were just okay menu changes in the specialty restaurants were disappointing the wine choices and liquor choices the beverage plan again left some dissatisfaction.

Check-in and boarding went well with your group 2 and didn't have any trouble getting vibe passes we were number 36 and 37 in line we really enjoyed our time up in the vibe was quieter and more upscale from what I can see was fairly similar to the Havens outside deck at quite a cost-saving. We also got thermal spa passes for the week and had a wonderful experience there was quite relaxing especially when the weather was not good and not able to sit outside.

As far as the beverage package the last time we cruised with Norwegian two years ago there were many more choices of wine under that $15 mark and found some very good choices back then can't say the same this time even going to the wine cellar the choices is still limited and even pay extra 3 to 4 dollars a glass plus service charge I cannot find a wine that enjoyed as much as my previous choices from their old wine list also a few liquors that were under the $15 mark now over that mark

having experience Celebrities beverage plan last year found celebrities wine choices quite superior they also vary their wines amongst the specialty restaurants but if when I was at any one of the specialty restaurants I wanted a wine that had the other restaurant there were more than happy to get me that wine this is not the case with Norwegian or the restaurant except Bayamo had the same list and their wines were unavailable anywhere else on the ship except their restaurant and the TAPAS bar

Specialty restaurants we ate Bayamo the tapas bar modernero le bistro and La cucina

and we had lunch at Margaritaville they bistro used to be our favorite place on Norwegian but the change of menu had us disappointed escargot were still decent and enjoy the mushroom soup the lamb was only fair there were a few small knuckles and not a rack of lamb also missing was the lobster poached in butter on the Châteaubriand for two

The Italian restaurant we actually never ate before those previous reviews have always been not the greatest the meal was satisfactory the flavors were decent their execution is less than perfect the risotto does not have a creaminess in the rice was slightly under done the bronzini was actually served raw which they quickly corrected the shrimp fra ddiavlo was just okay

we did not go to Cagney's as we been to Cagney's on a few other occasions and I find the quality of tthe steaks to be highly variable from either New York strip or a rib steak fan and I prefer dry aged prime beef and Cagney's for me does not come close to the quality of a top New York City steakhouse

After our disappointment with the bistro we canceled our second night reservation there and all that was available was modero so we fair we have not dined there since our cruise on the getaway a few years back was restaurant restaurant actually has improved this salad bar had many more options than previous as far as the rodizio unfortunately it's major shortcoming is the inability to use a real word charcoal fire on the ship and able to impart these flavors to the meat which is one of the prime requisites for good Brazilian barbecue the pineapple still is excellent

byamo we did eating twice the much happier with the wine selection there within our $15 beverage plan some the appetizers such as the tuna ceviche felt was a little too fishy under the appetizers we found to be good but not great the waygu steak was very good and have a nice tenderness with depth of flavor and the lobster main course to be very much enjoyed

The tapas bar we also had dinner at and found that to be a very enjoyable experience with only seven dollars supplement for all-you-can-eat on the specialty plan we found that to be very worthwhile the scallops really developed a nice crust and still managed to not overcook the that translucency in the center

Margaritaville we had lunch there and while we wouldn't say was a good value for the specialty dining plan we went there because every up place else was closed for lunch at the time besides the buffet food there was definitely different and better than the regular restaurant in the ship and would be surprised if they use the supplies that supply the restaurants for food and not the normal supply chain that Norwegian uses

The cotton club or the dancing was technically very good the lack of any story made the show drag the bratt pack was found to be more entertaining but still not great

A Australian singer and guitar player that we found at the wine bar and the tobaccoroad which we really enjoyed

All in all we had a very good cruise really enjoyed the vibe in the thermal spa made the cruise feel that much more special than I guess at the end of the day I didn't buy the next certificate for future cruise on Norwegian with some of the changes in beverage and food makes me think maybe I try different cruise line of the future and not having that certificate would not make me feel obligated to book the next cruise with Norwegian

thanks for a balanced and objective review, but sorry you were not satisfied with the food. Our last cruise a few months ago had very good food we thought. Of course it wasn't on the Escape but that should not make a difference. We have always liked Le Bistro, sometimes better than other times. As for the Risotto, again, on our last cruise, even in the MDR I found it very creamy ad absolutely awesome, but we all see things differently. Wine? Well luckily for us one of the choices happens to be a Malbec we really enjoy, so we are satisfied. If we didn't have a favorite that is available we would be disappointed as well. Hubby also likes the choices of scotch. I am a Martini drinker, could care less what gin they use.

Again,it is always good to read a variety of reviews.

Sorry about punctuation

I have been accused of run on sentences before

Yes thy had a Malbec Trapiche which while adequate for a limit of $15 a glass I would have hopes better then a $7.99 bottle

I was just saying the old choices where more extensive and in my opinion better

And as far as the Italian restaurant maybe the chef had a bad night. As my wife’s fish while appeared cooked on outside. Was raw from edge to edge. Not just a thin strip in middle

They replaced it fast and that piece was good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I think that was a good idea I was hoping that the wine cellar would have a more extensive selection under $15 That was not the case my last cruise with ncl I was much happier with the selection on the ubp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums