Faster to the fun! (FTTF)

Bllybb758

Get it ! Once you skip a line with 1000 people in it outside the building and you are sitting in the area for FTTF waiting to be boarded you will be happy. Plus your room is ready when you board and you don't have to go to the counters and get your cards.

We have bought it for our last three cruises and never regretted it. We are now Platinum so we won't need it any more. You can check in any time even though you may have a late check in time. You cabin will be ready for you upon boarding, You will be able to board right after weddings, Diamond/Platinum passengers. There is a dedicated line and phone line at Guest Services. You luggage should arrive shortly after you board. You will have priority boarding of the tenders if you have a tender port.

If those things are important to you, then yes, you should get it. There are a few on here that says it's a waste of money but so are a lot of other things that we still spend money on.

Do remember that if you do purchase it, you will only need to purchase one for each cabin. When you drop off your luggage, make sure the luggage handlers put orange tags on your luggage. That signals early delivery.

Some like FTTF, some don't. We do, and have gotten it for each of our cruises since it became a thing. The ability to skip the line at the Purser's Desk (yes, I still call it that...I still call them the Carnival Capers, too) makes it worth it for us.

We have had FTTF for our last 5 cruises and for our upcoming cruise end of March, will always get it for the immediate cabin access once we board the ship. We go to port and park there as early as possible so being able to have immediate access to our cabin the minute we board the ship is important to us. We drop off our carry ons, change (possibly if needed but we have the option in our private cabin), open a bottle of wine and have our first toast to another adventure on our balcony. Then we are off to find some lunch well before any of the crowds are onboard (with their carryons next to their lunch tables or lugging them around as they look for a seat/or deck chair). Our main luggage has always been at our cabin door by the time we have finished lunch and stopped back at the cabin, we put everything away and are completely in vacation mode before the cabins are ready for the masses.

The VIP GS line is also an important part of FTTF for us, although we have only needed to use GS a handful of times, not EVER having to wait in that long line at GS is so worth it.

It is not for everyone and if you do not like to make the most of that first day by boarding early and having your cabin ready for use then it may not be for you. The first day is very much a part of the whole cruise for us and FTTF is a great way to get that vacation under way as early as possible. Try it once and see if it is for you, if not at least you have first hand knowledge.

Hey guys I’m cruising on the Dream come October 28th.. Is the cost worth it? It’s not sold out - yet looking to jump on it this Friday if what I gather is correct.

If I were you, I would jump on it now. It may not be available Friday. You can always cancel before the cruise if you change your mind.

Has anyone felt the price is to much or to little??????

This board is full of threads on FTTF. There are posters on each thread that think it's totally worthless, and posters who hope they will always be able to get it.

It depends on the value you place on money spent versus time saved.

We havent cruised since the 90s and FTTF sounds like a perfect beginning to the cruise. I purchased this yesterday for our May family cruise, but was a little bit confused when there were options to "add" the other occupants of my cabin, since FTTF was a cabin charge, not per person. I did add them at first thinking they needed to be listed for the FTTF program so as to have their S&S cards correct. But I removed them when the additional charge popped up in the window. So..... I purchased only under my name with the correct cabin charge.

I called Carnival just to clarify, but the representative, although very pleasant, she sounded very new, and didnt completely ease my fear that this was correctly done. By having it listed only under my name, will there be any problems at check in (waiting, s&s cards, etc) ? or should I have added my other family members, and the amount somehow adjusted after purchase?

We havent cruised since the 90s and FTTF sounds like a perfect beginning to the cruise. I purchased this yesterday for our May family cruise, but was a little bit confused when there were options to "add" the other occupants of my cabin, since FTTF was a cabin charge, not per person. I did add them at first thinking they needed to be listed for the FTTF program so as to have their S&S cards correct. But I removed them when the additional charge popped up in the window. So..... I purchased only under my name with the correct cabin charge.

I called Carnival just to clarify, but the representative, although very pleasant, she sounded very new, and didnt completely ease my fear that this was correctly done. By having it listed only under my name, will there be any problems at check in (waiting, s&s cards, etc) ? or should I have added my other family members, and the amount somehow adjusted after purchase?

FTTF is sold by the cabin, not by occupant. One for the cabin covers every occupant booked in that cabin. It will be reflected on all boarding passes, luggage tags, and S&S cards. You have no worries!

If you have more than one cabin booked the benefits do not extend to occupants of that cabin.

Happy sailing.

Get it ! Once you skip a line with 1000 people in it outside the building and you are sitting in the area for FTTF waiting to be boarded you will be happy. Plus your room is ready when you board and you don't have to go to the counters and get your cards.

Exactly this. Once Carnival invites you on-board in front of literally 2000 people sitting in the lobby and you walk up to the Lido and have your choice of seats by the window and then you watch from your balcony as 3 hours later those people are still working their way onto the boat, you think, well that was a decent return on my money.

Exactly this. Once Carnival invites you on-board in front of literally 2000 people sitting in the lobby and you walk up to the Lido and have your choice of seats by the window and then you watch from your balcony as 3 hours later those people are still working their way onto the boat, you think, well that was a decent return on my money.

I took this exact picture last week! Lol748c391270fb9312cd3fee77b728ab51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I took this exact picture last week! Lol748c391270fb9312cd3fee77b728ab51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A picture really is worth a 1000 words. Wow! Imagine how many people would take them up on it if someone was standing right there selling a skip this line for your whole cabin for $69.

Hey guys I’m cruising on the Dream come October 28th.. Is the cost worth it? It’s not sold out - yet looking to jump on it this Friday if what I gather is correct.

It really depends on what your value. For us, as a cabin price, it was worth it to purchase for our upcoming cruise. If it was per person we probably would not have.

I have seen arguments that you are paying for something that doesn't cost Carnival anything and so it is a waste of money, but I look at it as Carnival is offering me services or opportunities that they cannot offer to all guests so there is a price. It is up to the cruiser if that price is worth it to them for the services provided. Many posters say that they purchase Cheers for the intangible benefit of ordering what they want and not having a bill at the end, even though they claim to not drink enough over the course of the cruise to break even on the expense. The peace of mind to not have a bill or think about what they are getting has a value to them above the cost of the drinks.

We tend to be satisfied with the food options included with the cruise fare and don't plan to use the specialty restaurant - the cost is comparable to a dinner for two at the steakhouse.

Maximizing our time on board/at excursions and minimizing inconveniences is worth the premium to us, but there is nothing wrong if you don't.

I bought it for our cruise in April and I think it will be worth it even though it's our first time getting it. If we change our minds, we can cancel and get a refund. Based on the picture PhotoMike took, yeah I think it's going to be worth it. Plus, I am an impatient person soooooo.....

There's a separate area for FTTF now? There wasn't any of the times I've purchased it and it's quite the task trying to get through huge crowds to get through the crowds to the escalator.

After many years with RCI this Sunday is our first adventure with Carnival, but it seems having booked a suite we get the only part of the FTTF perks I was particularly interested in - priority boarding.

We have no tender ports so priority tendering had no benefit for us.

On the occasion I do need something at guest services, I tend to go during off-hours (super early, or super late) and just deal with it then. Rarely more than 2-3 people in line.

And I can wait a few hours for our stateroom to open - we carry on little to nothing, so it's not like we are lugging bags around for hours or anything.

Now, if we cruise with carnival again and booked something less than a suite, honestly, at the price point...I would probably opt for it. If there's one thing I hate it's getting onboard late and then having to deal with the inevitable boarding day melee in the buffet, getting whacked in the face and legs by people who carried half their luggage onboard vs checking it, etc etc.

There's a separate area for FTTF now? There wasn't any of the times I've purchased it and it's quite the task trying to get through huge crowds to get through the crowds to the escalator.

On my last two cruises, the Dream and the Paradise, there has been both a separate line to enter the building and a separate sitting area for FTTF guests. There was a woman standing outside separating everyone. Now I always get there early, 10am.

After many years with RCI this Sunday is our first adventure with Carnival, but it seems having booked a suite we get the only part of the FTTF perks I was particularly interested in - priority boarding.

We have no tender ports so priority tendering had no benefit for us.

On the occasion I do need something at guest services, I tend to go during off-hours (super early, or super late) and just deal with it then. Rarely more than 2-3 people in line.

And I can wait a few hours for our stateroom to open - we carry on little to nothing, so it's not like we are lugging bags around for hours or anything.

Now, if we cruise with carnival again and booked something less than a suite, honestly, at the price point...I would probably opt for it. If there's one thing I hate it's getting onboard late and then having to deal with the inevitable boarding day melee in the buffet, getting whacked in the face and legs by people who carried half their luggage onboard vs checking it, etc etc.

I have bought FTTF on my last three cruises, but have not purchased it for my March cruise on the Elation as I have a suite booked. All the other perks are nice, but I really only buy FTTF to get on the boat faster and I always watch suite passengers board before me. I have used the line a guest services a couple of times and for tender I usually have an excursion booked and they get me right off the boat quick anyway.

In my last three cruises with FTTF, my stateroom was not ready when I boarded twice and I have yet to receive my luggage before 3pm. I thought about complaining, but clearly my room steward was frazzled beyond measure when I arrived, no reason to just get him and the luggage staff yelled at because Carnival has placed some unreasonable work metric upon them.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.