RC free gratuities

Hmmmm....so now we wait until after February to finally see it in writing? :o

Will still check mid week next week. If not there, I will call again and remind them what they told me. Starting to write down names of whom I have talked to now. Not sure why they have to wait to let us have it in print...of what we were promised. :(

I saw the free gratuities (charged and then credited) online yesterday under the Payment (I believe that is what it is called, or some version of that) tab for my cruise that had the free grats promotion.

Hmmmm...mine was not there as of checking today. That is indeed where I went to check it. "Payments" tab under My Cruises for that cruise I pulled up. And indeed on another cruise I booked that had a free grats promo in the past, it was listed like that as charged...then credited.

Looks like I may be making that call next week after all. :(

I re-priced a booking on Jan 4th to get the free grats and OBC. It's been almost a month and there is still no mention of the free grats on the invoice or on my booking if I look online.

That's why I have printed out the offer and taken screenshots of it so I have some backup if the promo goes away and it never shows on my invoice

When booking your suite that includes gratuities, are you paying for them upfront and getting reimbursed OR just booking and hoping the gratuities are included? I talked to 2 agents and they are saying their computers are not showing the free grats even though I told them the Royal site says the gratuities are included for suites. They did make a call to Royal and told me if I opt for the free grats the fare would be more. Does not make sense to me. I was thinking of prepaying and hoping they get taken off.

When booking your suite that includes gratuities, are you paying for them upfront and getting reimbursed OR just booking and hoping the gratuities are included? I talked to 2 agents and they are saying their computers are not showing the free grats even though I told them the Royal site says the gratuities are included for suites. They did make a call to Royal and told me if I opt for the free grats the fare would be more. Does not make sense to me. I was thinking of prepaying and hoping they get taken off.

You do not have to pre-pay. It takes a while for the paid grats to appear on the invoice. Eventually, you will see a charge for the grats, and a corresponding credit for the same amount.

Our fare was no different with them. Although I don’t think this is the case, it may be that the pre paid grats are not combinable with certain sales. Read the current flyer carefully to see if some sales are excluded.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do not have to pre-pay. It takes a while for the paid grats to appear on the invoice. Eventually, you will see a charge for the grats, and a corresponding credit for the same amount.

Our fare was no different with them. Although I don’t think this is the case, it may be that the pre paid grats are not combinable with certain sales. Read the current flyer carefully to see if some sales are excluded.

mac_tlc

Mac_tic.

Thank you very much for your answer. I will check the invoice when I get it.

Mac_tic.

Thank you very much for your answer. I will check the invoice when I get it.

Your welcome !

I did take a look at the current flyer and the Royal Suite Class free grats promotion is combinable with the current sale offer.

mac_tlc

We booked b2b's on Allure for the special that ended Jan 31 but as of today nothing shows up that indicates the free gratuities. However when we call they do state that they are included. Not worried at all, sure they will get it right plus the price was incredible and with the onboard credit we would have booked anyway.

I booked direct with RC and I stated that gradurties where included and was told yes but when I received my invoice there was another £307 added for a service charge 2 phone calls later I had this removed as I had noticed it was the same amount as gradurities was told by RC that they add them then another department removes them? I thought this was strange as I wonder what would have happened had I not contacted them

After three previous phone calls over the last 5 weeks, I had to place another one today as the grats were STILL not listed as prepaid. :o:(

Another 20 minutes on hold just now, and then another transfer the agent had to make to resolutions department.... finally success! Agent sent the new confirmation with the added on grats and the refund listed of 203.00.

Finally have it in writing...which I told him "keeps everyone honest". ;)

It's a shame you had to do that and I think I'll have to do the same. It would be a lot easier if they would just list it on original file we get. Always hate, "trust me, you are getting free gratuities".

This was an odd one for sure. In the past, when I booked a free grats promo it was listed immediately, or just a few days later with the post and then credit on that amount.

I think they know they messed this one up..."poop happens" I guess. ;)

But I would not let up until I got it in writing. :halo:

When I booked a couple of days ago, I was told they would not show up on the invoice but they were noted on the reservation. I told her I really wanted something in writing, and asked if she could send an email saying they were included and she said they couldn't do that. Aggravating. This was through the C&A phone number.

When I booked a couple of days ago, I was told they would not show up on the invoice but they were noted on the reservation. I told her I really wanted something in writing, and asked if she could send an email saying they were included and she said they couldn't do that. Aggravating. This was through the C&A phone number.

Call again, and ask to have a "copy of your confirmation" emailed to you. If that agent still won't..(which is very..very odd) call back again and ask again. If still not happening...ask for a supervisor.

Hi, I booked on Saturday and was told the grats would show but another dept would take them back off within the week. Today I received the amended invoice showing grats paid and taken off, plus the drinks package, plus a $200 OBC for a 7 day sailing...I'm very happy and they were very efficient.

All good (y)