Stone the crows - Cockatoo stowaway confined

I think it's on Sea Princess, which is in Auckland today returning to Brisbane. The timing fits and the furniture in the picture looks like Princess furniture. Also I think the spare cabin the bird has been confined to is a suite. It's shown sitting on a dining chair and regular cabins don't have dining tables.

Ā 

They always say Galahs are cheeky! :D

I think it's on Sea Princess, which is in Auckland today returning to Brisbane. The timing fits and the furniture in the picture looks like Princess furniture. Also I think the spare cabin the bird has been confined to is a suite. It's shown sitting on a dining chair and regular cabins don't have dining tables.

Ā 

They always say Galahs are cheeky! :D

Ā 

Big upgrade then full suite...Sabatinis for brekkie? No inside cabin for that bird.:p

My guess is that the owner lives very close to Portside, possibly even in one of the apartments overlooking the wharf. The owner will probably get a stern lecture from the authorities for letting the bird out when there is a ship in port. :o

Now that bird knows how to cruise! Will it get double crown and anchor points for being in a suite?

Ā 

Ā 

No C&A points, as on Princess, but the bird would get sea days credited to his Princess Captains Circle account - working up to an Elite bird.:')

I just spotted an article on FB confirming that Harri the Galah is on Sea Princess. Even stranger, his family are currently on Pacific Aria.

Ā 

The two ships have been keeping in contact with each other about Harri and a bottle of wine was delivered to the family from Harri with a note saying "hope you're having as much fun on Aria as I'm having on Sea Princess".

Ā 

Nice one, Princess & P&O! :D

I just spotted an article on FB confirming that Harri the Galah is on Sea Princess. Even stranger, his family are currently on Pacific Aria.

Ā 

The two ships have been keeping in contact with each other about Harri and a bottle of wine was delivered to the family from Harri with a note saying "hope you're having as much fun on Aria as I'm having on Sea Princess".

Ā 

Ā 

Now Harriā€™s Family is going to have to book a suite on the sea princess just to keep up with their bird.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

:') Brilliant. I'll follow up with Princess about the family reunion on Sunday.

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

It's not a cockatoo it's a Galah

Ā 

Ā 

A galah is actually a species of cockatoo. "Galahs, also known as the rose-breasted cockatoo, galah cockatoo, roseate cockatoo or pink and grey, is one of the most common and widespread cockatoos"

Harri the Galah's presence on the Sea Princess was kept very quiet until a few days before the end of the cruise when the Commodore referred to it in his hour-long talk in the Princess Theatre. When the ship was docked in Dunedin, we saw a young crew member carrying a large bird cage in the lift. I asked if there was a bird on bird on board and he replied "I'm not allowed to talk about it". Of course this just got all us Aussies asking questions and making jokes. The cage was carried into an inside cabin in the crew area near the Captain's suite on deck 12. The photo showing Harri in a suite was probably staged in either the Captain's suite or the Staff Officer's suite.

Ā 

The indication in some of the newspaper articles that Harri was keeping everyone entertained isn't correct - maybe he kept the bridge officers entertained. As far as I know, he wasn't released into the passenger area after he was initially captured up on deck after we had been at sea for two days.