My review of Sapphire Princess - 21 nights over Xmas & New Year

Katgoesonholiday

Hi all! My review of our South East Asian cruise has been published. Feel free to ask any questions,

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=606125&et_cid=3037603&et_rid=99625148&et_referrer=Boards

Hi, will be on Majestic in March with a stop in Vietnam, cruise personalizer says visa fee will be $56 USD for US and Aussie passports. Previous recent Sapphire passengers have reported lower amount was charged even though cruise personalizer listed the higher amount. Do you remember what was charged ?

Hi, will be on Majestic in March with a stop in Vietnam, cruise personalizer says visa fee will be $56 USD for US and Aussie passports. Previous recent Sapphire passengers have reported lower amount was charged even though cruise personalizer listed the higher amount. Do you remember what was charged ?

I’m really sorry - I wish I could help! However I can’t remember off the top of my head and I can’t find the folder containing all my travel docs and receipts. If I do find it, I’ll be sure to return to this thread and update you.

Not sure how helpful this will be but last year we were on Sapphire and we were charged $30 for the first Vietnam port and $1 for the next one the following day.

Thanks for your review, it's always interesting to hear anothers opinions. I was on the Sapphire from Dec 15-30 and had a nice cruise. Personally I cannot recall at any time an offensive smell, I guess everyone is different. Same with onboard temps. I sure don't recall the ship being overly hot /humid onboard.

I'm a big fan of Alfredos pizzeria on many cruises but there was something just a bit off on the taste this time. Could never figure out exactly what was different.

Biggest negative I noticed was that when I boarded on Dec 15 in Singapore the seats in the main theatre were in deplorable condition. The fabric around the armrest on almost every seat was worn down to bare metal/wood. I had never seen one seat like this before in 50+ Princess cruises let alone the entire theatre. A week or so later I happened to sit in the same seat on consecutive nights and noticed that all the rows around me had been replaced entirely. I guess when it was charted for the China market the maintenance was neglected and now that she is back in the main Princess fleet they are correcting.

Overall I had a nice cruise

We too were on this trip. We mostly enjoyed our time on what has previously been our favourite Princess ship. There were the good points and then some not so good.

The 2 years she has been on charter have not been kind and I think you are correct when you say that maybe maintenance was allowed to slide or take a back seat.

Hopefully the dry dock work will see her in better shape for when she heads to Europe. I sincerely hope so as we have a further 3 trips booked on Sapphire this year!