Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

I have to remind everyone about the early threads about Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway. Everyone hated the Epic hull art (actually most everyone hated everything about the way Epic looked). Everyone freaked out about the Breakaway's hull art and I was one of them. I thought Peter Max's name was too big and it was just tacky. I was not crazy about Getaway either. Over time all of the hull art has grown on me. I do admit the Bliss has amazing hull art especially for Alaska. This is so colorful and in your face that I actually don't hate it like I once hated Breakaway.

So by the time the ship sails, I will probably love it :hearteyes::*

Not Attractive AT ALL. Good thing, when you are on the ship, you cannot see it!! And on the TA, you won't be in many ports to be subjected to it......

I remember when I first booked on the Bliss, before it launched, I was sending the link to the ship's page to all my friends and family to show off what an awesome ship I'd be sailing on. I don't think I'm going to be doing that with this one....

Getaway and epic are both in canns over the summer 2020 for more times. So both are in the mediteran. Maybe encore replace one or one is a placeholder. We will see.

Sounds like Escape may be heading over for Baltic 2020 and Encore taking over the Bermuda runs.

Getaway and epic are both in canns over the summer 2020 for more times. So both are in the mediteran. Maybe encore replace one or one is a placeholder. We will see.

Where are you getting this info? Doesn't look like NCL has announced anything beyond April for Europe (with exception to saying one ship will summer there so far) and with the new video of Encore stressing the artist hometown of Barcelona, I'd say it's almost a guarantee that the ship is summering in the Meditaranean.

Sounds like Escape may be heading over for Baltic 2020 and Encore taking over the Bermuda runs.

here are some infos to ships in europe with port lists:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56821820#post56821820

hoping for escape for baltics ( then i go again ), maybe dry dock for escape in europe? 5 years after building like breakaway and i think getaway next year.

hoping in real encore looks better but i don´t like the renderings with the hull art.

here are some infos to ships in europe with port lists:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56821820#post56821820

hoping for escape for baltics ( then i go again ), maybe dry dock for escape in europe? 5 years after building like breakaway and i think getaway next year.

hoping in real encore looks better but i don´t like the renderings with the hull art.

May be registered and reserved port space right now but doesn't mean all of that doesn't change a year from now for summer 2020. Look at Breakaway going to New Orleans when that was announced. You could have probably checked the schedule for the Port of Nola and Breakaway would have been no where on it at the time.

I'd almost bet Epic summers somewhere else in 2020 and Encore goes to Barcelona... Didn't epic summer out of Barcelona the first or second summer after she started in Miami?

The Encore's hull art is bright and colorful and while it doesn't depict a sea creature or creature of any kind from the looks of it, it does far more for the ship compared to the Breakaway's hull art. The Norwegian Breakaway's hull art has been hideous since the first time I saw it. It seems like a bunch of items (heads, planets) thrown onto a ship hull. It doesn't flow or make sense and definitely seems tacky. While I wouldn't rate the Encore's hull art as one of the best in the fleet, it's definitely NOT the worst. That still goes to that unsightly Peter Max creation.

The local paper here in Miami stated Del Rio personally picked the artist because the artist is his favorite. I think its a stretch to assume the ship is going to Spain just because the artist who painted the hull is from Spain.

Its only been a day but its grown on me. Its definitely modern and far away from the diamonds and bubbles on the Jewel class ships ;)

The local paper here in Miami stated Del Rio personally picked the artist because the artist is his favorite. I think its a stretch to assume the ship is going to Spain just because the artist who painted the hull is from Spain.

Its only been a day but its grown on me. Its definitely modern and far away from the diamonds and bubbles on the Jewel class ships ;)

I am really hoping it's just the computer rendering that is making the colors SO BOLD. I hope that in real life, it is toned down a bit. For some reason, all I can think of when I see it is those cheap wax crayons they give to kids at chain restaurants? Like a box of those melted on the dashboard of a car....

It’s certainly not a guarantee, but hardly a “stretch” considering that’s exactly what they’ve done with the past 5 ships. But yeah, ships are moved around more often than foster kids now, so it could go anywhere.