Regal

weedpindle

on the Regal now, unlimited fast internet, great. Ocean Medallian not so great. only thing it does is open the cabin door and log into slot machine, and takes from 2 to 15 seconds to open the door. Slot is immediate log on of course. . Still need cruise card to buy a drink or anything else or to get off or on ship. So I’m not real impressed. it only is for Muster station B cabins now. But, all the bars, shops, intl cafe have a reader an see your picture and info but don’t use it(medallion) still cruise card.

Hi do you happen to know which cabins are B muster station?

When we were on the first two preview cruises we walked the decks and noted Baja 301-336, Marina 201-243, Lido 201-302 as having been converted. They also added in Caribe 336 and 337 to the trial on a later cruise.

Sandra

When we were on the first two preview cruises we walked the decks and noted Baja 301-336, Marina 201-243, Lido 201-302 as having been converted. They also added in Caribe 336 and 337 to the trial on a later cruise.

Sandra

Looks like it is still the same

Looks like it is still the same

Thanks for confirming and the status update - have you seen any of the black medallions? Someone reported that elite passengers in the trial now have these. Not sure if it was the Medallion itself or the lanyard casing+cruise card so interested to know if it's changed from the initial all blue.

Sandra

on the Regal now, unlimited fast internet, great. Ocean Medallian not so great. only thing it does is open the cabin door and log into slot machine, and takes from 2 to 15 seconds to open the door. Slot is immediate log on of course. . Still need cruise card to buy a drink or anything else or to get off or on ship. So I’m not real impressed. it only is for Muster station B cabins now. But, all the bars, shops, intl cafe have a reader an see your picture and info but don’t use it(medallion) still cruise card.

That program is a waste of time and $$$$.

Thanks for confirming and the status update - have you seen any of the black medallions? Someone reported that elite passengers in the trial now have these. Not sure if it was the Medallion itself or the lanyard casing+cruise card so interested to know if it's changed from the initial all blue.

Sandra

We are Elite and the medallion is blue. Blue for all now. A total of 110 cabins are in the test area now, and the Ocean Navigators ( the people who are the reps on the ship) don't know when they will convert any more cabins. They will also sell you holders and wristbands to hold the medallions for 19 to 65 dollars. Now there is a free lanyard to hold the medallion and cruise card (which is also blue (but which is labeled Medallion Class, test pilot license, limited edition, official tester only ,in a plastic holder.) Some people got the medallion in the mail prior to the cruise, we got ours at the pier.

We are Elite and the medallion is blue. Blue for all now. A total of 110 cabins are in the test area now, and the Ocean Navigators ( the people who are the reps on the ship) don't know when they will convert any more cabins. They will also sell you holders and wristbands to hold the medallions for 19 to 65 dollars. Now there is a free lanyard to hold the medallion and cruise card (which is also blue (but which is labeled Medallion Class, test pilot license, limited edition, official tester only ,in a plastic holder.) Some people got the medallion in the mail prior to the cruise, we got ours at the pier.

When entering your cabin how close does the medallion have to be to the wall sensor to register?

When entering your cabin how close does the medallion have to be to the wall sensor to register?

Theory is the sensor reads the medallion as you walk down the hall nearing the cabin, screen shows a door handle swings downward and the door is ready to open. sometimes the door unlocks when you turn the handle, sometimes it takes a few seconds, once this am the sensor did not read the medallion and I was unable to open the door. Wife was in the cabin and opened the door for me. neither medallion worked then but about 30 min later we left the cabin & medallions worked. They say if it does not read the medallion correctly, hold medallion or cruise card up against the pad. a work in progress. Looks like bars, IC, shops have the pad that reads the medallion (your picture and info) but not always working. Picture for medallion is separate from picture on cruise card as of now. Cruise card is backup. Most people wearing the medallion on the lanyard, like a status thing (like wearing the black card, look at me ,around your neck)

We are also on the Regal. Went down to the Crown Grill last night to make reservations to use up some of my refundable OBC. I started off asking the hostess if they had a kids menu. We are taking our two grandsons to Alaska on Emerald this summer. She was very rude. Said she didn’t know and turned her back to walk away. I asked her if she worked there. She said she was the hostess and walked away again. There were no other people at the hostess stand. We left and went to dinner. First time I have ever run into anyone on Princess with an attitude. Everything else on the cruise is great! Food and service is very good. We did Freedom of the Seas last week and glad to be on the Regal this week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on the Regal. Went down to the Crown Grill last night to make reservations to use up some of my refundable OBC. I started off asking the hostess if they had a kids menu. We are taking our two grandsons to Alaska on Emerald this summer. She was very rude. Said she didn’t know and turned her back to walk away. I asked her if she worked there. She said she was the hostess and walked away again. There were no other people at the hostess stand. We left and went to dinner. First time I have ever run into anyone on Princess with an attitude. Everything else on the cruise is great! Food and service is very good. We did Freedom of the Seas last week and glad to be on the Regal this week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What does this have to do with the medallion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ahh same set up since December then- thank you!

Sandra

I too would think that this is a live from, which would be anything 'Regal'.

Pilot... that is pretty rude/lame.

Did you, or could you, get her name?

I might want to make sure that somebody knew about the sub-par rude service.

But, then again, somebody else recently got nowhere with trying to get some satisfaction when they received a totally unacceptable lobster tail at Crown Grill, paying the upcharge to enjoy a meal there. (not the lobster tail in addition, but the main entree)

Now there is a free lanyard to hold the medallion and cruise card (which is also blue (but which is labeled Medallion Class, test pilot license, limited edition, official tester only ,in a plastic holder.).

I have always thought that test pilot was a super dangerous job, with great risk of death.

Personally, I would not have thought the the medallion program was quite so dangereous...

Swipe, wave etc. with care!

Theory is the sensor reads the medallion as you walk down the hall nearing the cabin, screen shows a door handle swings downward and the door is ready to open. sometimes the door unlocks when you turn the handle, sometimes it takes a few seconds, once this am the sensor did not read the medallion and I was unable to open the door. Wife was in the cabin and opened the door for me. neither medallion worked then but about 30 min later we left the cabin & medallions worked. They say if it does not read the medallion correctly, hold medallion or cruise card up against the pad. a work in progress. Looks like bars, IC, shops have the pad that reads the medallion (your picture and info) but not always working. Picture for medallion is separate from picture on cruise card as of now. Cruise card is backup. Most people wearing the medallion on the lanyard, like a status thing (like wearing the black card, look at me ,around your neck)

Most people are probably wearing the medallion on the lanyard because they don't want to pay extra for the wristband or holders for the extra cost. We will be on in a little over a week and got the Medallion (not by choice) and have no intention of buying something else to hold the magic Medallion(LOL).

Most people are probably wearing the medallion on the lanyard because they don't want to pay extra for the wristband or holders for the extra cost. We will be on in a little over a week and got the Medallion (not by choice) and have no intention of buying something else to hold the magic Medallion(LOL).

So you're saying the cheapest wristband is $19. :(

Don't forget the 10% off for elite passenger purchases.

Now I'm really getting excited. :rolleyes:

I thought at least they would provide a cheap, inexpensive, rubber wrist band for free. :(

I'm definitely not that type for a lanyard so it'll stay in my pocket, like the cruise card.