Best thing to do in Key West and Bahamas with 5 children???

LuckyNumber7

My husband and I have cruised several times before but never with our children. This year, we decided to take our children on the adventure. We thought we would start simple and on the cheaper side (not that exist with five children) to see how it goes. We are an adventurous family with my children ages ranging from 4-15...all boys. Most things I've browsed for recommendations are the aquarium, butterfly conservatory, museums, Ripley's, but we can do a great deal of that right where we live. I'm looking for something that we couldn't do in our home of GA and is unique to the Key West and Nassau area. We are on RCI, leaving Miami, one day at Key West and one day at Nassau. And is it better to try to book on our own?

When we went to Key West we created a walking tour. We went to Hemingway's house and saw the 6 toed cats, but right along that road were roosters every where, and seeing them didn't cost a thing, we then went down to the Southern Most Point, to the left of that is a small beach, and then we wandered back up, looking at all the art galleries. These are not things that would interest boys, but the museum about bringing up sunken treasure made my DH and my friend's DH very happy-hanging around the square (Mallory) offered a whole lot of visual events. There is a grave yard in key west where one of the tombstones says " I told you I was sick", I've always wanted to see that, but we ran out of time. Key west is a great walking town.

I know it's going to cost something, but I really think if it's warm enough that you do a beach day-maybe Blue Lagoon? Great play in the water place.

Have a great cruise!

5 kids in Key West? Leave them on the ship and go to Sloppy Joe's. Seriously though you could take them on the trolley which was fun for our youngster. You can get on/off at many different locations. We got off a few times to visit the Hemingway House with the 6 toed cats. But we are cat lovers so this fitted us well. Go get off at the southernmost point also. Not the greatest port for kids but it was a fun day on the Trolley.