Drink cups

Ambermark

From reading other posts I've noticed that the drinks comes you get with the packages change occasionally and some perfer some designs more than others. Just out of curiosity, which one has been your favourite design? And does anyone know which one we're likely to get in summer?

(Note we've bought the package, not trying to figure out how to scam the ship or anything, just curious :))

From reading other posts I've noticed that the drinks comes you get with the packages change occasionally and some perfer some designs more than others. Just out of curiosity, which one has been your favourite design? And does anyone know which one we're likely to get in summer?

(Note we've bought the package, not trying to figure out how to scam the ship or anything, just curious :))

Unpredictable.

It is a cruddy cup.

Most people don't even use them on the ship(except kids) because they don't want to walk around with the thing.

They are nothing that you would probably ever use again and certainly not collectors items.

We dumped off a bunch to goodwill last year because they were taking up cabinet space..

The pretty ones today have a larger opening for cleaning but hold less liquid and are too tall for a normal straw. They can’t hold coffee either. The only ones I reuse are the old style with black top which toss in gym bag for drinking water. Hold more water and black top allows room for cup to be tilted in holder at gym and not spill .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a cruddy cup.

Most people don't even use them on the ship(except kids) because they don't want to walk around with the thing.

They are nothing that you would probably ever use again and certainly not collectors items.

We dumped off a bunch to goodwill last year because they were taking up cabinet space..

One thing that the cups are required for are the Coke freestyle machines. The cups have RFID chips on the bottom and the machine won't work without them. Otherwise you will need to go to a bartender for every drink.

One thing that the cups are required for are the Coke freestyle machines. The cups have RFID chips on the bottom and the machine won't work without them. Otherwise you will need to go to a bartender for every drink.

I am well aware of the workings of the cup.

But do you really want to carry the thing around with you all the time?

It is a cruddy cup.

It's for the kids I'm asking :) I know what you mean about the throwing them away, I've dumped I don't know how many cups from Disney on ice or theme parks over the years. But they love them, :)

I am well aware of the workings of the cup.

But do you really want to carry the thing around with you all the time?

Yes. The only time I get the soda package on Royal is when the ship has the freestyle machines. Darn tootin I'm carrying around that cup.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

There is a thread or posts about a kid who hacked the cup.

Literally hacked it. Apart.

The RFID chip is in the RCI logo disk in the bottom of the cup. Break open the cup, remove the disk, and you can use it to activate the Freestyle machines without carrying the cup around.

It's for the kids I'm asking :) I know what you mean about the throwing them away, I've dumped I don't know how many cups from Disney on ice or theme parks over the years. But they love them, :)

It was a good question, That guy always has non helpful answers, which is why I blocked him and never see his posts unless someone quotes him. There seems to be two cups used lately. I prefer the snap on lid vs the screw on one as the screw on one can be hard to thread some times.

newcup.jpg

Yes. The only time I get the soda package on Royal is when the ship has the freestyle machines. Darn tootin I'm carrying around that cup.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We carry ours around the ship, except to dinner despite what Mr Judgmental says.

It was a good question, That guy always has non helpful answers, which is why I blocked him and never see his posts unless someone quotes him. There seems to be two cups used lately. I prefer the snap on lid vs the screw on one as the screw on one can be hard to thread some times.

newcup.jpg

What ship & when did you get that cup? I like it a lot better than the screw top ones!

Sent from my iPad using Forums