Dog on ship, continued

That person needs a new brain if they can't be away from Fluffy since that was not a service dog. Also, they probably don't want to pay for pet care when their on vacation.

I really wanted to ask them what ‘service’ the dog provided. But I behaved...

Why do people have such issues with dogs? If I saw someone feeding a dog at the table it would not bother me in the least. I would just say, oh look a dog, that's cool. There is almost nothing being around a dog can cause you illness wise and I have seen kids doing things much more likely to infect you with something on every ship I have been on than any dog. Are people just afraid of them?

Nothing-- are you sure?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5319273/

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/pets/dogs.html

Not me! I'd walk up to the owner and say "you need to pick this ---- up, JERK!!!!!" And I really don't care if it's an emo or a service dog.

Not too smart considering you may be dealing with someone with emotional issues to begin with.

Why do people have such issues with dogs? If I saw someone feeding a dog at the table it would not bother me in the least. I would just say, oh look a dog, that's cool. There is almost nothing being around a dog can cause you illness wise and I have seen kids doing things much more likely to infect you with something on every ship I have been on than any dog. Are people just afraid of them?

Wow aren’t you the magnanimous, understanding soul. I suggest the next time you are seated at a table with or near a dog you request your meal be served in the dog’s dish and you sit on the floor to eat with the dog.

Wow aren’t you the magnanimous, understanding soul. I suggest the next time you are seated at a table with or near a dog you request your meal be served in the dog’s dish and you sit on the floor to eat with the dog.
Nice laugh thanks.

Should have called security. Dog might ;p;phave been trying to alert his owner of impending medical emergency. ;p😉😉

Oh, do you mean those super smart dogs that can detected the owner's impending medical emergency while they are on shore & the dogs are left all alone in the cabin????

aren’t you the magnanimous, understanding soul.

That is a great description of me and I do love my dogs. I want to bring my Basset Hound to the dining room now. If you think a Pomeranian is a problem, wait until you meet the Ravenous Slobber Log.

i dont see a lot of support for these dogs on the ship which i understand if someone is abusing the privilege, but i saw a service dog on our cruise a couple weeks ago on Oasis and he was with a pretty severely disabled boy which seems more than warranted to me. He was in a wheelchair and i dont know what his disability was but it seemed pretty severe. Some of these dogs can detect seizures before they happen.

Just another side to the argument.

Was in Walmart and saw two "fluffy" ladies... has a dog no service collar or anything..

took a huge "dump" in the middle of the isle. Yes.. I said something they told me "cluck" (use another word) and laugh

A manager had an employee clean it up.. WTH (manager should of got them to do it..)

They taunt us in the store... "he is a service dog" haha, and on.

Allergies or fear come to mind immediately. Some people just don’t like animals. I think it’s reasonable for passengers to expect there won’t be animals eating off their dining table, barking incessantly, or pooping in public areas. Trained service animals don’t do any of those things and are actually very unobtrusive when they’re working.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Allergies or fear come to mind immediately. Some people just don’t like animals. I think it’s reasonable for passengers to expect there won’t be animals eating off their dining table, barking incessantly, or pooping in public areas. Trained service animals don’t do any of those things and are actually very unobtrusive when they’re working.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I like dogs and service animals are essential but letting them eat off tables is disrespectful to other people.

This was domino our family pet who sadly has passed away.571671676_Picture20022.jpg.eceb4a56267ef958deb9cd4a2d7216cd.jpg

Thanks he was.

He was my niece's dog but lived at my mother in law's house where he got 24 hour attention.

He died 12 hours after this photo at the vets.[ATTACH]427410[/ATTACH]

Dalmatians were once my favourite breed.

bred, showed, judged for many a year (about 30 all up) health issues pushed us to a smaller less active dog.

Had a lot of breeds over the years, Collie, Border Collie, Doberman, Kelpie, Foxy, Pointer.....

Had a Chinese Crested, great but no Dally.

Last year got a mini schnauzer, now I’m hooked and dals are #2.

Oh, do you mean those super smart dogs that can detected the owner's impending medical emergency while they are on shore & the dogs are left all alone in the cabin????

Was the balcony door open? Was the wind blowing toward the ship?

i dont see a lot of support for these dogs on the ship which i understand if someone is abusing the privilege, but i saw a service dog on our cruise a couple weeks ago on Oasis and he was with a pretty severely disabled boy which seems more than warranted to me. He was in a wheelchair and i dont know what his disability was but it seemed pretty severe. Some of these dogs can detect seizures before they happen.

Just another side to the argument.

Almost no one has problem with a working dog that has a purpose.

Almost no one has problem with a working dog that has a purpose.
I agree.

We have done 47 cruises 42 in Europe and never seen a service dog let alone a fluffy.

I have seen people with their teddy bears etc taking a seat up and making out they are feeding them.lol.