Dog on ship, continued

It’s weird how I’ve never heard of anyone sacrificing their life for their dog.

Don't recall all the details, but just recently a woman in the SE lost her life saving her dog from an alligator... Have heard of people going back into a burning house to get a pet. It happens.

Don't recall all the details, but just recently a woman in the SE lost her life saving her dog from an alligator... Have heard of people going back into a burning house to get a pet. It happens.
It happened in Hilton Head (near me -- I am in Bluffton). She tried to save her dog from the alligator and the gator got ahold of the leash and puller her into the lagoon and drowned her. She was a very popular kindergarten teacher. The theory is that the gator was being fed -- most of the time, alligators avoid humans but if they are fed, they loose fear of humans and view them as food.

It’s weird how I’ve never heard of anyone sacrificing their life for their dog.

I’m January a neighbors home caught on fire when cat knocked over a candle. Harry got his wife up and out of the house. He then went back in for the dog and the cats. He never came out, nor did any of the pets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It happened in Hilton Head (near me -- I am in Bluffton). She tried to save her dog from the alligator and the gator got ahold of the leash and puller her into the lagoon and drowned her. She was a very popular kindergarten teacher. The theory is that the gator was being fed -- most of the time, alligators avoid humans but if they are fed, they loose fear of humans and view them as food.

You never never mess or swim in rivers, creeks, oceans in the far north of Australia as our salt water crocs (gators)

are deadly predators and masters of the kill

Thank god they would not qualify as a comfort pet, at least not in Australia, but the USA ???

Accidently dying in a rescue attempt is not the same as sacrificing your life on purpose in an either/or scenario.

I'm sure at least some were more then aware what could happen. Interesting to hear if Servicemen and Woman have done the same for their Dog. I know some have been able to adopt their animal after leaving the service... My Niece lives out in the country and in June she let her Dogs out and heard one fighting with a Raccoon. She ran out and couldn't get it off her dog, her gun in the house she strangled the Raccoon. She and the Dog were in injured bitten and scratched, but before she got help for either of them she took the Raccoons head off so they could see if had Rabies. She knew could happen and put her dogs first...

You never never mess or swim in rivers, creeks, oceans in the far north of Australia as our salt water crocs (gators)

Thank god they would not qualify as a comfort pet, at least not in Australia, but the USA ???

If your emotional support animal was a salt water croc you would no longer have emotional issues and fluffy little dogs on cruise ships would be no longer.......

The victim wasn't in the lagoon but walking her dog near it. But I don't get close to my lagoon and have been training my grandsons to steer clear.

The victim wasn't in the lagoon but walking her dog near it. But I don't get close to my lagoon and have been training my grandsons to steer clear.

Don’t need to be in the water for a croc to get you. They’re fast over short distances.

Wonder what would happen if I brought a dog whistle on board and used it when fluffy was at the bar? hmmmm

I don't believe anyone on this thread referred to a service dog as fluffy

Etc etc etc

Didn’t know I could get a whistle that only fluffy could hear and not real service dogs.