Diamond Lounge Independence of the Seas

I have just spoken to RCCL with regards to the revitalisation of the Independence of the Seas, as im looking to book a cruise on this ship in the summer, however they have stated that theres no longer going to be a Diamond Lounge on this ship, and the only lounge will be a suite lounge for Grand Suites and above. Which it to be located on deck 14 where the Diamond lounge used to be. As the old Concierge Lounge is now going to be three inside cabins.

Has anyone else heard this as I feel to remove the Diamond Lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus guests is rather a kick in the teeth. As its not cheep to work your way up to these levels.

The call taker I spoke with did however say that there would of course be the three drinks added to your seas pass card each day, but its more about meeting people and having a space to get away from it all, not just the evening drinks.

I for one will have to think long and hard on sailing on ships where these lounges are removed. Im very interested too hear what others think.

Hi Bob, I could not see a DL on the floor plan for April 2018 onwards, so spoke to RCCL today and was advised that the DL has been removed and the only lounge will be a suite style lounge for GS guests and above.

Anything is possible, but I also know that the customer service reps occasionally give incorrect info.

I have just spoken to RCCL with regards to the revitalisation of the Independence of the Seas, as im looking to book a cruise on this ship in the summer, however they have stated that theres no longer going to be a Diamond Lounge on this ship, and the only lounge will be a suite lounge for Grand Suites and above. Which it to be located on deck 14 where the Diamond lounge used to be. As the old Concierge Lounge is now going to be three inside cabins.

Has anyone else heard this as I feel to remove the Diamond Lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus guests is rather a kick in the teeth. As its not cheep to work your way up to these levels.

The call taker I spoke with did however say that there would of course be the three drinks added to your seas pass card each day, but its more about meeting people and having a space to get away from it all, not just the evening drinks.

I for one will have to think long and hard on sailing on ships where these lounges are removed. Im very interested too hear what others think.

I don't believe it.

Just looked at deck plans for both before an after. There are no changes to either lounge

All the proposed changes deck by deck:

Deck 3

Alhambra Theatre name changed to Royal Theater.

The Raven nightclub replaced with 19 new staterooms.

On Air Club replaced with 6 new staterooms.

Photo Gallery moved to Deck 3.

Art Gallery area reduced, with 4 more staterooms added.

Romeo & Juliet Dining Room renamed to Dining Room.

Deck 4

Alhambra Theatre name changed to Royal Theater.

The Raven nightclub replaced with Izumi.

Photo Gallery replaced with Playmakers Sports Bar and Arcade.

Macbeth Dining Room renamed to Dining Room.

Deck 5

Pyramid Lounge becomes Star Lounge.

Connoisseur Club becomes Library and RC Online.

Dog & Badger Pub becomes Ale & Anchor.

Cupcake Cupboard replaced with Sugar Beach.

King Lear Dining Room renamed to Dining Room.

Deck 6

Stateroom 6137 added to forward deck.

Business Center and Loyalty desk replaced by 4 staterooms.

Four Bedroom Family Suite replaced by two Villa Suites

Deck 7

Stateroom 7139 added to forward deck.

Library replaced with 4 staterooms

Deck 8

Staterooms 8127, 8129, 8131, 8133, 8315, 8237 added to forward deck.

RC Online replaced by 4 staterooms.

Deck 9

Stateroom 9237 added to forward deck.

Deck 10

Concierge Lounge replaced by 4 staterooms

Deck 11

6 s taterooms added to forward deck, replacing part of Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center.

Main pool renamed to Resort Pool.

H2O Zone replaced by Splashaway Bay.

Squeeze Bar replaced by Fish & Ships.

Seatrek Dive Shop renamed to PADI.

Deck 12

45 (!!!!!) Staterooms added to forward deck, around Spa & Fitness Center.

Deck 13

Sky Pad added.

Independence Dunes replaced by The Perfect Storm water slides.

Deck 14

Cloud Nine and Seven of Hearts replaced by Suite Lounge

Deck 15

Skylight Chapel replaced by Escape Room.

Total of 105 new cabins added.

The DL remains on the deck plans and there is no mention of it being removed. Unfortunately the staff in Guatemala are not always in possession of the facts.

Hi Bob, I could not see a DL on the floor plan for April 2018 onwards, so spoke to RCCL today and was advised that the DL has been removed and the only lounge will be a suite style lounge for GS guests and above.

I can see your confusion as I just looked at the deck plan on the UK website and the entire aft portion of deck 14 is missing from the May 2018 deck plan. I'd send you the link to the PDF portion of the deck plan on the US website, but unfortunately Royal has removed that option. Too much information for us Yanks.

Can you see the picture I posted? It's on the right on the picture which would be the port side if facing forward right? Or not. Suite lounge is on the other side

OK, right side facing forward is starboard. Left side facing forward is port Left & Port, same number of letters.

Anyhow, there's no change to the DL location. The game and card room are replaced by the Suite Lounge.

Thank you all for your help, in looking it on on the US website, I don't really understand why the UK and US would show slightly different deck plans. But seems like I was miss lead with the information I received today from RCCL.

It clearly shows that the DL is still on deck 14 on the US website. Sorry to have scared you all ops !!!

OK, right side facing forward is starboard. Left side facing forward is port Left & Port, same number of letters.

Anyhow, there's no change to the DL location. The game and card room are replaced by the Suite Lounge.

We were on Indy two weeks ago and the DL had been moved to the port side where the card room was located.

The old DL on the starboard side had a few tables and chairs and our seapass worked on the door.

The DL concierge told us we could go in there to watch the NFL playoff games because it had a much better and bigger t.v. than in the DL.

We were on Indy two weeks ago and the DL had been moved to the port side where the card room was located.

The old DL on the starboard side had a few tables and chairs and our seapass worked on the door.

The DL concierge told us we could go in there to watch the NFL playoff games because it had a much better and bigger t.v. than in the DL.

Did they way why the DL was moved? I know on Freedom there was some re-arranging in the Viking Crown to handle the scrubber installation.

As they are adding cabins around the gym, does that mean that there will no longer be a sea view from the gym machines?

I noticed Navigator deck plan is the same - so is there no sea view from the gym on that ship either :loudcry:?

They are adding staterooms on the deck above the gym machines. So the spa treatment rooms on deck 12 are losing their ocean view.

They are adding staterooms on the deck above the gym machines. So the spa treatment rooms on deck 12 are losing their ocean view.

Thanks Bob, so helpful as usual.

I 'make' myself go to the gym and at least its bearable if I can admire the ocean...So I am pleased to hear this - thanks again

Jean

Indy is using the Port side "game rooms" as the Diamond Lounge since it is slightly larger. The original diamond lounge is still in place. I walked in on the upper level crew on day 1 while they were holding a meeting, but otherwise it was empty. I imagine the viking crown will end up as overflow for both lounges.

Thanks Bob, so helpful as usual.

I 'make' myself go to the gym and at least its bearable if I can admire the ocean...So I am pleased to hear this - thanks again

Jean

You're welcome Jean.

You really cannot beat those expansive views from the fitness centers on Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships. I was really disappointed with the fitness center view on Oasis class.

I was on Indy in October 2016 when the DL was moved. The scrubber installation project was moving over to the starboard side so the DL was moved since the outdoor area was going to be a staging area for the construction materials. And was told that it would move back when completed. The Olive and Twist is used as the overflow area