Room Category C1, C2...etc..

Muffinz

Hi - we are on Solstice in March / April and I've seen some posts about room category C1, C2...etc... what does this mean and how to I find out what our room is?

We are in stateroom 9221 and I don't know the room configuration - e.g. is the bed near the bathroom or near the balcony

any information would be appreciated :D

Hi - we are on Solstice in March / April and I've seen some posts about room category C1, C2...etc... what does this mean and how to I find out what our room is?

We are in stateroom 9221 and I don't know the room configuration - e.g. is the bed near the bathroom or near the balcony

The information should be on your booking documents, but 9221 is a 1B Veranda Stateroom. A 1A would be a "better" veranda cabin and a 2B would be a less desirable. There are some differences in size, but the major difference is in location. Your cabin two decks lower would be a 2A.

C1, C2, etc. refer to Concierge Class, again with location being a major factor in determining the level.

This link is to the Solstice webpage, which includes the deck plans. They in turn will give you the category designation for every cabin, as well as giving you a good overview of the layout of the ship. https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/cruise-ships/celebrity-solstice

Check out the sticky at the top of the Celebrity board for S class ships. If it's listed, it will show the bed location, if not find a nearby cabin and then count on the deck plan. Cabins alternate location between near bath and near bed. The categories C1,2 and 3 cabins inside are the same except for location. Some C1 cabins are at the stern of the ship and have bigger balconies. If you go to cruisedeckplans.com (a free TA site) and go to the Celebrity Solstice the cabin categories are shown there. C3 is the least expensive, C1 the most expensive. The website will also have stars on the deck plans. When you hover over them there is additional information available about cabins that have benefits or problems. The Celebrity site used to show the categories but the new site doesn't, so it makes it difficult, (impossible) to figure out why you're being charged more.

The Celebrity site used to show the categories but the new site doesn't, so it makes it difficult, (impossible) to figure out why you're being charged more.

Could you elaborate? I have no difficulty finding the category for each cabin, so I'm sure I've misunderstood what you are saying.

Could you elaborate? I have no difficulty finding the category for each cabin, so I'm sure I've misunderstood what you are saying.

On the old site the categories of concierge class cabins for example were color coded to show which were C1, C2 and C3. The new site the last time I looked just showed 1 color for all concierge class cabins. Perhaps they've updated it since I last looked. I now look at cruisedeckplans.com to show categories within a class of cabin more easily because I got so fed up with the many problems that have existed for the last year.

On the old site the categories of concierge class cabins for example were color coded to show which were C1, C2 and C3. The new site the last time I looked just showed 1 color for all concierge class cabins. Perhaps they've updated it since I last looked. I now look at cruisedeckplans.com to show categories within a class of cabin more easily because I got so fed up with the many problems that have existed for the last year.

If you follow the link I posted above, you'll see that Celebrity is currently providing detailed category information. Now, I'm not saying that won't change next week or next month, but they've had these nice deck plans for at least a few months now.

On the old site the categories of concierge class cabins for example were color coded to show which were C1, C2 and C3. The new site the last time I looked just showed 1 color for all concierge class cabins.

Here I can see three tones of purple for Concierge cabins

The bed is by the bath.

C1. C2 and C3 are the same, only difference is location on the ship.

9221 is not concierge class it's a 1B at hump deck 9 port side, bed by the bathroom also has a sofa-bed and a Pullman27545084_2032262083683252_4771702726537024378_n.jpg?oh=a086360e4cb65e0b7990abfa5a13917a&oe=5ADAC2E4

Thanks for that - yes we did know it wasn't a concierge cabin... I just saw a post about C1, C2...etc... and wondered what it meant

Wife thinks 9221 is in a good location... we are really looking forward to our cruise :D

Thanks for that - yes we did know it wasn't a concierge cabin... I just saw a post about C1, C2...etc... and wondered what it meant

Wife thinks 9221 is in a good location... we are really looking forward to our cruise :D

It may not matter to you and you probably already know but in case you didn't realize it cabin 9221 is an interconnecting cabin. It matters to some.

It may not matter to you and you probably already know but in case you didn't realize it cabin 9221 is an interconnecting cabin. It matters to some.

I didn't know that either... but I'm sure the doors between the cabins will be locked... I'd hate the people next door being able to here what we get up to in our cabin and vice versa :halo:

I didn't know that either... but I'm sure the doors between the cabins will be locked... I'd hate the people next door being able to here what we get up to in our cabin and vice versa :halo:

There is no connecting door. Instead, the hallway opens into a small vestibule from which there are separate doors to the two cabins. There is a third door that can close off entry to the vestibule from the hallway, so if a family or other group share the two cabins, they only need to close this outer door from the hallway. If they so choose, of course, they can also close the individual cabin doors too.

This thread has lots of photos of the connecting vestibule. A picture's worth a thousand words:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1923969

thanks for that... it seems that having the interconnecting doors there wouldn't be as soundproof as it would be if it was a complete wall... I just hope the neighbours are quiet!

it's funny because I told my wife that our room layout means the bed is by the bathroom (which I prefer) and not next to the balcony - but she would like it by the balcony...