Pillow Menu

Go-Bucks!

I've used the Search feature here on CC, but the small amount of info I found was quite old.

In the February 2018 issue of the Your World, Your Way magazine there is an article about a pillow menu. It says:

"Suite Dreams Pillow Menu. Available in all suites, our luxurious selection of pillows makes certain your sleep experience is nothing short of blissful. From custom designed therapeutic support to ergonomic designs, you can choose the pillow that perfectly suits your sleep needs." Then it shows 3 types of pillows - gel pillow, water pillow & tri-side anatomic pillow.

Two questions:

1) Is this pillow menu available in a PH suite on R ships or only in higher categories? Old posts make it seem like PH suites don't get a menu?

2) Any opinions about the comfort of these 3 pillow types?

I don't know what type of pillows we had on the Insignia in December but they were very comfortable. We were in a B1 verandah and didn't get a choice.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
o

....I've always wondered if they were as relevant as the olive oil cart at Toscana.

Maybe it's irrelevant to you, but since I'll be spending 6 months onboard, I'm curious about this topic.

Anyone have an actual answer? Thx! :)

Edited by Go-Bucks!
o

Our experience in Owners Suites was that the menu was never offered. On our last cruise I actually ask to see it and was happy to stay with the pillows already provided.

You too may have to ask to get it in a PH?

Yes, I do believe it’s an olive oil offer as well, who needs it???

ATW tip: ask cabin attendant if you need extra pillows and hangers at your first meeting with him/her...beat the rush!!!

I relied on "pinchy hangers" for a wide variety of uses, including drying of items I didn't give to laundry guys.

Pinch the items on a seam and hang tees upside down (so you don't get pinches at the shoulders) and hang over closet doors to dry.

i also could hang 3-4 tees together on pinch hangers saving drawer room for other things!

Personally I find the regular pillows so comfy there is no need for anything else. I did try a couple of different ones when we were in an OC and didn't really like them any better. Never tried in a PH.