Bringing pop on board

dem1958

I just called Holland to inquire about the unlimited soda card and when they told me that both people in the stateroom had to purchase it, I asked if we were allowed to bring pop on board and they said yes.

I was surprised because I thought the cruise lines were not allowing that anymore.

Has anyone taken pop on board when they first board?

TIA

HAL has allowed soft drinks for a very long time. That hasn't changed. We took 36 cans on in Ft Lauderdale (Koningsdam) last March, and in SF (Eurodam) last October. You need to bring it on in your possession...a bag or your carry on. Not your checked bag. Discussed here frequently, in fact a thread just a very short distance down the board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2582461

HAL has never not allowed people to bring soda and bottled water onto their ships.

You would be best to carry it on yourself -- cans today are much thinner than years ago and can easily burst open.

I was on a HAL cruise and took 3 cases on with me no problem!

I'm sure Krazy Kruisers meant to add "in your checked luggage". You must carry your liquids through security. Water, soda and 2 bottles of wine are permitted per cabin. Not a problem on HAL. Some other cruise lines do not permit ANY drinkable liquids.

I'm sure Krazy Kruisers meant to add "in your checked luggage". You must carry your liquids through security. Water, soda and 2 bottles of wine are permitted per cabin. Not a problem on HAL. Some other cruise lines do not permit ANY drinkable liquids.

Are two bottles of wine permitted if only one person is 21 or over in a cabin? Just curious.

I'm sure Krazy Kruisers meant to add "in your checked luggage". You must carry your liquids through security. Water, soda and 2 bottles of wine are permitted per cabin. Not a problem on HAL. Some other cruise lines do not permit ANY drinkable liquids
You can bring more than 2 bottles of wine. You will not have to pay corkage fee on 2.

I just called Holland to inquire about the unlimited soda card and when they told me that both people in the stateroom had to purchase it, I asked if we were allowed to bring pop on board and they said yes.

I was surprised because I thought the cruise lines were not allowing that anymore.

Has anyone taken pop on board when they first board?

TIA

What is pop? :confused:

"Pop" is what the middle section of America - and some parts of Canada - call that artificially flavoured, artificially coloured, artificially caffeinated, artificially carbonated tap water that makes fat people fatter with all the corn syrup added; or makes fat people fatter because they believe that the artificial sweeteners in the drink balance out eating extra chocolate bars and deep fried everything.

Got it.. and thanks for the detailed explanation!

Unfortunately, being from Southern California, pop is a foreign language.:o

I was born in Southern California and lived the first fifty years of my life there. Pop as in soda pop was definitely not a foreign language. Things must have changed in the last twenty five years if a southern Californian doesn't know that pop is soda pop, a carbonated beverage.

You’re spending thousands of $$$$ on a cruise. You can afford to buy a coke.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True, but it isn't always about the money. Some people have very specific likes and HAL may not have what they like. I don't drink a lot of soda and I'm not fussy, but I know people who love Pepsi and hate Coke and would probably carry on Pepsi if they knew they couldn't get it on the ship.

I am one of those folks who prefer Pepsi over Coke. I will drinking Coke Zero with my beverage card, but I will be bringing Pepsi Zero along at boarding since it is my morning caffene fix. (And will mix well with the bottle of rum that I pre-purchased for in-room hydrating);) Of course the Zero is to allow me the forementioned consumption of "chocolate & fried food"!