Disembarkation

MyTMo777

Tampa, the Dawn. It’s not customs. It’s getting off the ship. Hotel Director just came out and snapped at security to speed it up. And our flight is at 12:35 but it’s international. It has never taken us this long to disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Breakaway out of NYC on 1-5, and we had the same problem. Disembarkation was truly a nightmare. The cruise director was calling multiple colors at a time, too, so it continued to back up. We missed our bus back because it took two full hours to get off the ship and into the pier before customs. This was not a customs/luggage problem as we wheeled our luggage off and customs took less than 10 minutes.

I got off the Breakaway last Friday had the first walk off colour and was off the ship and at Port Authority at 8:15 earlier than I needed to be but better safe than sorry and was worried about traffic being Friday morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Word to the wise: allow at least 1.5 hours to disembark. Holy cow...we had no idea it would take this long. Supposed to be at the airport now, and we’re still on the ship in line!

Not sure what you were expecting strolling down at 9:30 am (all ashore is 10:00 so everyone who stayed late is in line now). We always do self walk off early and have never had any problems.

Tampa, the Dawn. It’s not customs. It’s getting off the ship. Hotel Director just came out and snapped at security to speed it up. And our flight is at 12:35 but it’s international. It has never taken us this long to disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your lucky your not even later!

Tampa is known to " fog over" often .;p

Not sure what you were expecting strolling down at 9:30 am (all ashore is 10:00 so everyone who stayed late is in line now). We always do self walk off early and have never had any problems.

All ashore is indeed posted as 10:00, but last color (purple) was not called to line up for disembarkation untill 11:00 yesterday.

Glad you've never had any problems but your attitude need not be snotty to the O/P for voicing an observation that is more acurate than your reply.