Email from Carnival

Nanascraps

We're leaving on the Splendor this Saturday and I received an email last night that says the following:

Due to operational considerations, we expect to open terminal doors at 1:30 PM. With this in mind, we kindly ask that you add one hour to your Arrival Appointment and plan to get to the cruise terminal promptly within the new time. Guests who arrive outside their new Arrival Appointment can expect to have longer wait times in line.

Our paperwork says to check in at 12:30. Does this mean that instead we need to check in at 1:30 instead? We've never traveled with Carnival before. Thank you!

We're leaving on the Splendor this Saturday and I received an email last night that says the following:

Due to operational considerations, we expect to open terminal doors at 1:30 PM. With this in mind, we kindly ask that you add one hour to your Arrival Appointment and plan to get to the cruise terminal promptly within the new time. Guests who arrive outside their new Arrival Appointment can expect to have longer wait times in line.

Our paperwork says to check in at 12:30. Does this mean that instead we need to check in at 1:30 instead? We've never traveled with Carnival before. Thank you!

That is what it means. We got this message once for Baltimore but it was a 4 hour delay. They would not let anyone in until the time they specified. :(

These emails are not always completely accurate though, in my case last cruise I got the email and just showed up at my regular time simply prepared to wait and they opened long before the time on the email. I suspect this was their way of keeping the place from being inundated. They did board late, but I am not really comfortable on embarkation day until seated in the terminal.

We got a an e-mail for our Breeze cruise on Jan 21 saying that debarkation for the previous cruise would take much longer than usual and to arrive an hour later than planned. So, DH decided to take his good old time. We got to the terminal around 11:45 and the Priority line was super long. After we got up to Lido for lunch, we walked the entire length of the ship and never found a table, so we took it back to our cabin.

We're Diamond and the person checking us in asked why we didn't arrive at 10:00 and I showed her the email. She apologized and said that boarding had actually begun earlier than usual because the debarkation for the previous cruise had gone so smoothly!

The only time I will arrive later is if I check the webcam and the ship is not in port due to fog!

We got a an e-mail for our Breeze cruise on Jan 21 saying that debarkation for the previous cruise would take much longer than usual and to arrive an hour later than planned. So, DH decided to take his good old time. We got to the terminal around 11:45 and the Priority line was super long. After we got up to Lido for lunch, we walked the entire length of the ship and never found a table, so we took it back to our cabin.

We're Diamond and the person checking us in asked why we didn't arrive at 10:00 and I showed her the email. She apologized and said that boarding had actually begun earlier than usual because the debarkation for the previous cruise had gone so smoothly!

The only time I will arrive later is if I check the webcam and the ship is not in port due to fog!

I was on the Jan. 21st Breeze cruise too and also got that email. I heard the reason they thought there would be a delay was because the previous cruise had had a medical emergency and they had to make an unscheduled stop at Cozumel so they expected to be a bit late. I think they sent that email out, "just in case." I don't think they were delayed though. We had FTTF fun and didn't really pay any attention our arrival time (probably about 11:30) but they were boarding when we got there so we walked right on. Now, the Feb. 28th cruise was DEFINITELY delayed because of what DebJ14 mentioned, FOG! We didn't dock until about 11:00 AM. I missed my flight home. I don't know if those people got an email but if they did, they would have been smart to abide by the suggested arrival time.