? Aft balconies on Freedom

There is quite a bit of ship superstructure on the aft end of Voyager and Freedom class ships. Generally the higher you go, the less view obstruction.

This is from Voyager, but is very similar to Freedom:

https://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

Note that the stateroom numbers are different for Freedom.

There is quite a bit of ship superstructure on the aft end of Voyager and Freedom class ships. Generally the higher you go, the less view obstruction.

Bummer! Why, oh why did they build it like this? (Rhetorical question, frustration lol)

But thanks!

The higher deck you are on, the less structure in the way. Deck 10 is not bad. I like aft cabins, but on Voyager an Freedom class there is too much ship obstructing the view, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The higher deck you are on, the less structure in the way. Deck 10 is not bad. I like aft cabins, but on Voyager an Freedom class there is too much ship obstructing the view, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

100 percent agree. Even deck 10 I don't care for. I like being able to look straight down to the water.

It was like half metal / half railing.

The view from the balcony was high enough to miss the obstruction that the other balconies receive.

This is view from deck 7 aft corner on Explorer which has the same steel structure in the back.410e5531d3ebc7b06c393fcaaeb906a1.jpg6cd3924257ec839d15e06278297d38fe.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this helps.....

dafe1a6e5e33084c2e55eee68f7b9565.jpg

It was like half metal / half railing.

The view from the balcony was high enough to miss the obstruction that the other balconies receive.

This is view from deck 7 aft corner on Explorer which has the same steel structure in the back.410e5531d3ebc7b06c393fcaaeb906a1.jpg6cd3924257ec839d15e06278297d38fe.jpg

I'm sure I could live with either of these rooms! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics!

I'm sure I could live with either of these rooms! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics!
Deck 7 and 10 corner afts are usually the first to go.....but worth the effort of searching the itineraries.

In fact, Voyager class and Freedom class, except for the numbering, are completely identical on the aft.

All of the changes are in the middle. They are just longer. (They = Freedom class)

Oh, aft cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships are AWFUL.

Don't EVER book them.

And what's more, they are HAUNTED.

Yep, that's the ticket.

They're HAUNTED.

:o:o:o;);p:D

I ain't afraid of no ghost.......

The corner aft cabins on these ships with their balconies make up for the super structure (and the ghosts)

My late husband had to pry my hands off the railing to get me off the ship after we had 1700. Come to think of it, he probably had to do the same thing when we had a deck 7 corner.

I do find that I notice the superstructure less when I am in a corner aft. However, I do find that I get "used to it" and that it bothers me less the longer I cruise in one.