Overall Ship Temperature

nickiford

Hi all, this is a questions for ladies that typically run a bit hot. Do you ever find it cool enough to need a light sweater due to air conditioning for example in the dining room? Also, do you find that the air conditioning in the cabins allows it to get cool enough to be comfortable. We are coming from Carnival and the Air conditioning sometimes just wasn't enough so we always bring a little fan. First time on Celebrity just wondering what to expect. We are going next week and we will be on the Celebrity Silhouette in the Caribbean. Thanks!

Usually the dining room was pretty cool, but I never had any problem getting the room down to the temperature I wanted. I have a alarm clock that has a thermometer on it & usually had it at set at 20c never had a problem.. After a day or so it seemed ok. Enjoy your cruise.

If your cabin is too warm or too cool, let your cabin attendant know. The engineers can adjust the temperature range. It was a fast fix.
That's good to know. We often find that the room could have been a little cooler during the day. I wear sleeveless a lot on the ship and I never used a sweater although a few times I would have put one on if I had it with me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's good to know. We often find that the room could have been a little cooler during the day. I wear sleeveless a lot on the ship and I never used a sweater although a few times I would have put one on if I had it with me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We found that closing the drapes in the day time helped to keep the cabin cooler, along with not having the balcony door propped open.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thank you so much for all of the great responses. Sounds pretty much like what I expect, probably won't need a sweater and I will be sure to ask the room attendant if we find it too warm. We are soooo excited to try our first Celebrity Cruise.

My only experience was on the Summit’s repositioning cruise from Cape Liberty to San Juan in October. I found the ship, and especially the stateroom, hot when we boarded, and I asked the room attendant about making the room cooler. He said the heat had been on for the last sailing, which had been to Canada, but the crew would be adjusting the temperature. By the time I went to bed, the room felt fine, and I was comfortable for the rest of the cruise.

I wore sleeveless and short-sleeved dresses and tops throughout the cruise and never felt cold anywhere on the ship. But I still think I would pack a versatile lightweight sweater just in case.

Just pack a light shawl of some sort. I always find the theatre cooler in the evenings. A shawl over my shoulders takes care of it. I run warm, and find I can get the room to my liking with no problem. In the meantime, DH orders up an extra blanket for his side of the bed. ;p

For sure to keep your drapes drawn while gone, if in the Carib or other hot port. And DEFINITLEY, don't leave the sliding door open. Screws up your thermostat.

On our cruise on the Silhouette departing FLL, it was very cool the first two days. I would say cold. I had to adjust the room thermostat. Needed to wear a sweater and long sleeves on the first two days. Then it warmed up.

Sometimes there are people who keep their balcony door open despite being told not to. It's kind of an entitled thing. But it messes with the a/c everywhere in the area.

We always turn ours to the temperature we like, have no problems. I bring a pashmina and always have a light jacket. Some cruises I wear both and sometimes I never do. I find the public areas in the evening sometimes kind of chilly, particularly the dining rooms.

We've been on Solstice twice and I never needed a warm layer in any of the public areas around the ship. The cabin air-con was excellent, almost too cold if turned right down but that suits me for sleeping. I just had to remember to turn it up a bit first thing in the morning.