Is poolside pizza back

antsp

We've only been cruising since 2011 but have always found the poolside pizza to be terrible. I keep wondering about the "great pizza" and "best pizza at sea" ratings I've seen. Pizza at Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess was good and pizza at Alfredo's on Grand and on Coral when they had Alfredo's pizza for lunch in Sabatini's was also good. Pizza by the pool has been consistently poor.

On our first Princess cruise (CP, 2015) the poolside pizza was great. It was absolutely the best pizza I'd ever had on a ship. I'll admit that my expectations were not high as I was used to cruise ship pizza that resembled cardboard.

We haven't been back on the CP, but have done other Princess cruises--the pizza was inedible, just as it is on most other lines. I guessed that it was a "across the line" money saving thing. They certainly save money when it is so bad that people try a piece and never come back. We are booked on the CP this year, so it will be interesting to see what the pizza is like now.

On our first Princess cruise (CP' date=' 2015) the poolside pizza was great. It was absolutely the best pizza I'd ever had on a ship. I'll admit that my expectations were not high as I was used to cruise ship pizza that resembled cardboard.

We haven't been back on the CP, but have done other Princess cruises--the pizza was inedible, just as it is on most other lines. I guessed that it was a "across the line" money saving thing. They certainly save money when it is so bad that people try a piece and never come back. We are booked on the CP this year, so it will be interesting to see what the pizza is like now.[/quote']

As far as I know Sea Princess (CP) doesn't have Lido deck pizza. They do have good pizza at Cafe Corniche on deck 8 but I don't think there is poolside pizza. I could be wrong - we haven't sailed on that ship since 2011 but I don't remember any pizza other than at Cafe Corniche.

We got off the Caribbean Princess on January 27 and pizza by the pool was enjoyed by many of my group almost daily. My friend fell in love with the Stromboli and had it all the time for lunch. I had my share, found the crust to be crispy and the taste of the sauces and cheese to be good. It was always hot. If I had one wish it would be that they had a sausage and mushroom pizza.

We especially enjoyed the Stromboli on Caribbean Princess in January. :)

I was somewhat surprised at how good that Stromboli was.

The pizza was as it has been since we started cruising with Princess, pretty good. We just came back from a trip to the greater New York City area and compared to the shop pizza there, it would not fare well. Compared to the average pizza we get here in Williamsburg, Va, it was good. One note. If the slice has been out too long, just have the guy put it into the oven for about 2-3 minutes to crisp it back up and get the cheese melted.

I always loved (and bragged) about the pizza on Princess ships, because it was thin crust and had a very nice sauce. Something ,however, changed. (Either my taste buds or their sauce) The sauce is not the same in my opinion and the last two trips on the Royal and the CB were both disappointing. Its not bad pizza, but it is no longer "great" pizza. Sorry Princess, Just my opinion...

Food is SUBJECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said it! I've always loved the pizza up by the pool ... it's my guilty pleasure! I will skip desert any day just so I can afford myself a slice of that yummy pizza. I don't care for the pizza at Alfredos at all. It takes like a cracker trying to pass itself off as pizza. Most people really love Alfredos ... thus, food is SUBJECTIVE!!!!

I sure hope they haven't ruined the pizza up on the Lido. I guess I will know more in a few months when I sail on Princess again. If you've never liked it, you probably won't know the difference ... but if you love it, like I do, I am sure I would be able to tell if something changed.

I didn’t know you can get Stromboli at the pizza place on the Lido deck. Is it available on all the ships? I've never seen it before.

I believe that stromboli is only available on Caribbean Princess...

Yes, I believe you are correct. The Trident Grill is now the The Salty Dog Grill on Caribbean Princess. (Not to be confused with The Salty Dog that is located in Wheelhouse on Emerald Princess and some other ships.) We sail on March 18 and are looking forward to trying the new offerings at that venue - and at a couple of other new venues as well. We have our first Lido balcony so the grill is just a short jaunt down the hall from our cabin. We've always wanted to try a Lido cabin and this cruise looks like we will finally do so. (We've booked Lido cabins a few times in the past but always got a killer upgrade or upsell so have never actually sailed in a Lido cabin.)

We were on the Ruby in November and the pizza tasted like it always has. Judging from the lines for pizza, it certainly did not lessen the desire for pizza. I did notice that for two or so hours at lunch they also had some baked sandwiches besides the pizza.