Unlimited Soda and More Pkg

travellingnana

It has been the same price on my last 3 Princess cruises. I purchased in advance once and on board twice. In addition, the crew member who sells it to you on board gets some sort of credit for the sale. It was also more convenient to purchase on board. When I did it in advance, there was a voucher in the room that had to be taken to "any" bar to be exchanged for an insulated cup. Three bars later, I had one. When purchased on board, they handed it to me at the time of purchase.

The things I know of that are better purchased in advance are the internet packages (get "bonus" minutes for booking in advance) and sometimes photo packages.

Drink packages on Princess are the same before and on board.

We are from Canada -our cruise exchange rate is fixed at Princess' rate in effect when we bought the cruise. Depending on where market rates are, the booking rate may be better or worse. That is the only time the prices before could be different from onboard for us.

It has been the same price on my last 3 Princess cruises. I purchased in advance once and on board twice. In addition' date=' the crew member who sells it to you on board gets some sort of credit for the sale. It was also more convenient to purchase on board. When I did it in advance, there was a voucher in the room that had to be taken to "any" bar to be exchanged for an insulated cup. Three bars later, I had one. When purchased on board, they handed it to me at the time of purchase.

The things I know of that are better purchased in advance are the internet packages (get "bonus" minutes for booking in advance) and sometimes photo packages.[/quote']

In addition to getting the cup on the spot, you also have the 'soda sticker' on your cruise card. Same price.

Drink packages on Princess are the same before and on board.

We are from Canada -our cruise exchange rate is fixed at Princess' rate in effect when we bought the cruise. Depending on where market rates are, the booking rate may be better or worse. That is the only time the prices before could be different from onboard for us.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. We booked at a set rate of $1.20 from Princess, unless there is a big fluctuation, we're better off to purchase our package ahead of time.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Although it is probably the same price onboard, there are a couple of potential problems:

• Princess might raise the price. They haven't raised it in a while and I don't expect them to, but they might. If they raise the price, then you pay the new price if you haven't already booked it.
  • Some ports charge sales tax for anything purchased in port. If you are leaving from one of those ports and if they ring it up while in port, then you might have to pay sales tax. Often they will not ring it up until after you leave port and they won't charge the tax, but they might.

Although it is probably the same price onboard, there are a couple of potential problems:

• Princess might raise the price. They haven't raised it in a while and I don't expect them to, but they might. If they raise the price, then you pay the new price if you haven't already booked it.
  • Some ports charge sales tax for anything purchased in port. If you are leaving from one of those ports and if they ring it up while in port, then you might have to pay sales tax. Often they will not ring it up until after you leave port and they won't charge the tax, but they might.

But if one has plenty of non-refundable OBC that may otherwise go unspent these are pretty moot points.

Edited by fishywood

The price has always been the same before the cruise and on the cruise the first day. They have plenty of tables set up to get pax to buy. I have been in ports where they collect sales tax on drinks etc but have never had sales tax added to the beverage packages. I buy on the ship as it is easier. The groups that may want to purchase it ahead of time are the non-US pax where the exchange rate comes into play.

I suppose this could happen, but I've never seen it. We have cruised from some of those ports that charge tax on anything rung up while in port, and Princess writes the ticket and hands it to you, but doesn't put it thru their system until the ship is out of port.

The Unlimited Soda & More package is listed on my cruise personalizer for only $6.95 per day. If I buy it now, I will be charged in US $ but once onboard the charges are in AU. Does anyone know if the amount of the package will increase once onboard to compensate for the rate exchange? It would really be a great deal if the package was sold onboard for $6.95AU.

The Unlimited Soda & More package is listed on my cruise personalizer for only $6.95 per day. If I buy it now, I will be charged in US $ but once onboard the charges are in AU. Does anyone know if the amount of the package will increase once onboard to compensate for the rate exchange? It would really be a great deal if the package was sold onboard for $6.95AU.

I don't know what to tell you about the exchange rate, etc. It sells for $8.05 USD both on line and on the ship.

I suppose this could happen' date=' but I've never seen it. We have cruised from some of those ports that charge tax on anything rung up while in port, and Princess writes the ticket and hands it to you, but doesn't put it thru their system until the ship is out of port.[/quote']

I got bit with this once (paid sales tax--Ft Lauderdale). I think it's because we bought it at a bar. I think the bar records it real time. The folks selling them in the lobby wait until it leaves port??? Since then, we've bought em a couple of times at stations on the ship... no tax.(yn)

I don't know what to tell you about the exchange rate' date=' etc. It sells for $8.05 USD both on line and on the ship.[/quote']

It definitely states $6.95 USD on our cruise 3/30/18 Sun Princess out of Sydney for pre-order..

I would imagine the $6.95 US is based on the exchange rate set for you. The onboard price could be at least the AUD equivalent if not more. As of this moment USD6.95 is equal to AUD8.87. Hopefully someone just off an Australia sailing will chime in with the onboard price. But if not my guess would be to make that purchase in USD now.

I would imagine the $6.95 US is based on the exchange rate set for you. The onboard price could be at least the AUD equivalent if not more. As of this moment USD6.95 is equal to AUD8.87. Hopefully someone just off an Australia sailing will chime in with the onboard price. But if not my guess would be to make that purchase in USD now.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping that someone just off an Australian sailing will be able to say definitely. I'd rather just buy it onboard but would preorder if it's indeed higher priced onboard.

Perhaps the $6.95 is before the 15% gratuity which would make the price $8.00

For cruises with the onboard currency in AUD no gratuities are added to drinks.

Again, given how favorable the exchange rate is at the moment US$6.95 could easily be the equivalent of the onboard cost of the Soda and More in AUD--which is a flat rate, no 15% on top of it.

Perhaps the $6.95 is before the 15% gratuity which would make the price $8.00

I don't really think so as when I add it to my cart the total charge is $90.35 (divided by 13 days = $6.95). It also states "Prices include gratuity."

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, moki'smommy said:

It has been the same price on my last 3 Princess cruises. I purchased in advance once and on board twice. In addition, the crew member who sells it to you on board gets some sort of credit for the sale. It was also more convenient to purchase on board. When I did it in advance, there was a voucher in the room that had to be taken to "any" bar to be exchanged for an insulated cup. Three bars later, I had one. When purchased on board, they handed it to me at the time of purchase.

The things I know of that are better purchased in advance are the internet packages (get "bonus" minutes for booking in advance) and sometimes photo packages.

I just purchased this package now I am curious what the insulated cup was for, please tell me I don't have to bring this thing with me around the ship to get drinks. I mean if I am having a mocktail in a lounge I certainly don't want to be drinking it out of that thing.

It might be a little late for the OP, but we just got off the Sun Princess on 2/17.

The price of the Soda Package On board was $7 AUD / Day.

I thought that was a GREAT deal!

I am surprised you could purchase it ahead of time....it never showed up for us in the Cruise Personalizer. (I am from the U.S.)

There was no cup that came with it (and no big bottles of water either as some reported on other ships)...and it was kind of odd as I didn't see it advertised. I just asked for it. I saw both the PBP and the Coffee "Card" advertised.