Diamond Plus Bonus Gift Preferences

Hi everyone. We are diamond level right now and will have 166 points on our November cruise. We were waiting for my passport to be renewed before we would schedule any cruises prior to Nov 2018. Can anyone tell me if we become diamond plus during a particular cruise, would we become diamond plus at that point or would we have to wait till the next cruise. Thanks for your input. Sharon

Sometimes they are accommodating on longer cruises, like transatlantics, and will put a D+ sticker on your seapass card, plus load up the benefits on the card.

They had to modify mine on our last cruise, because they had someone else's name associated with our cabin, and the internet used cabin number instead of the folio number on the card. She fixed it online while I was there with her.

I was just able to update our gift preference using the old links. Used old username and pw. We will see in August if it really updated anything.

mac_tlc

Like you, I used the old link. On Navigator now and preferences not updated.

Trip to L.A. and now sorted.

Sent from my VFD 700 using Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Cruzin RN said:

can someone tell me how to get to the prefences page to select these gifts

we are diamond plus, but I cant find the link anywhere

merionmom

clarea. Bob

can yall help?

This link shows what the gifts are but you have to call or email C&A to select the gift/s:  https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18063159_CAS_MemberBonus_Amenity_List_v3.pdf

21 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

WE don't eat either.  We give them to our stateroom attendant.

Many times we have given our stateroom attendants our bottles of wine or other bottles which are given to us during a cruise. We ask them if they want it and if they say yes we write a note stating we are giving them the wine. The crew has their own bar but they still have to pay for their drinks.

18 minutes ago, BEENSAILING said:

Many times we have given our stateroom attendants our bottles of wine or other bottles which are given to us during a cruise. We ask them if they want it and if they say yes we write a note stating we are giving them the wine. The crew has their own bar but they still have to pay for their drinks.

WE do that too!  🙂

I just got off the phone with C&A to change our preferences.  When we were on Grandeur last month we got 4 of the Royal logo tote bags !  We sent 2 of them back and got some <more> towels.  We always have to give away our food and/or wine so honestly, I'm not sure why we ever continue to sign up for these gifts !  There is always so.much.food delivered to us that we cannot possibly eat everything.  My husband is allergic to strawberries (I love them !) so we never get those.  The only thing I really like are those krispy treats made from fruit loops (or whatever source they come from).  I do like those....  The cookies are all pretty much stale by the time we find them.

19 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I just got off the phone with C&A to change our preferences.  When we were on Grandeur last month we got 4 of the Royal logo tote bags !  We sent 2 of them back and got some <more> towels.  We always have to give away our food and/or wine so honestly, I'm not sure why we ever continue to sign up for these gifts !  There is always so.much.food delivered to us that we cannot possibly eat everything.  My husband is allergic to strawberries (I love them !) so we never get those.  The only thing I really like are those krispy treats made from fruit loops (or whatever source they come from).  I do like those....  The cookies are all pretty much stale by the time we find them.

I take all of our edibles out to a common area with the lid on for someone else to find.  The inedibles I take to the ladies room and leave for someone to find.  It's like a "secret cruiser" gift, and I like doing it.

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Fruity Pebbles would be my guess

For all those who are  over 525 points.  What are your thoughts on the wine selections?  What wine do you choose? I guess I was hoping for a better selection.  Doesn't seem much better than the 340 point choices.

Edited by Colorado Babe

9 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

For all those who are  over 525 points.  What are your thoughts on the wine selections?  What wine do you choose? I guess I was hoping for a better selection.  Doesn't seem much better than the 340 point choices.

The Arboleda Carmenere is not bad, but you have to like the distinctive taste of Carmenere. As is typical with Royal, they continue to diminish the perks.  They used to have a Robert Mondavi Cab that we enjoyed, but that's gone and was not replaced with anything equivalent.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The Arboleda Carmenere is not bad, but as is typical with Royal, they continue to diminish the perks.  They used to have a Robert Mondavi Cab that we enjoyed, but that's gone and was not replaced with anything equivalent.

I've never tried it before but worried after reading the description from wine.com:  This deep ruby Carmenere presents intense aromas of ripe figs, cigar and a hint of roast beef with black pepper. Its round and sweet tannings with a creamy density and excellent persistence let the palate sense grilled red peppers together with black fruits such as blackberries and blueberries and also the classical taste of cigar.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I've never tried it before but worried after reading the description from wine.com:  This deep ruby Carmenere presents intense aromas of ripe figs, cigar and a hint of roast beef with black pepper. Its round and sweet tannings with a creamy density and excellent persistence let the palate sense grilled red peppers together with black fruits such as blackberries and blueberries and also the classical taste of cigar.

I suggest you try a Carmenere first before you order.  It has a minerally taste, some call it barnyard, that you may not enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I suggest you try a Carmenere first before you order.  It has a minerally taste, some call it barnyard, that you may not enjoy.

We were given a bottle of that on an Australian Royal cruise as a gift by dining room manager. Not “barnyard” at all. We enjoyed it.

22 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Big fan of the Berringer White Zin.

Caymus Conundrum will do in a pinch.  Easy to open, no cork. 😉