Is FTTF worth it for us?

aimcat

The OP is arriving at the terminal for a 4 day cruise no earlier than noon, so IMO, FTTF would be a waste of $$$. They can choose a check in time appropriate to their estimated arrival (maybe the 12:30 to 1:00PM slot?) and board shortly afterwards.

I would use the same money for some other on board expense.

Agreed. Use the money to treat yourself to a meal at the Steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we set sail on a short 4 day on sensation in 9 days! The soonest we can arrive at port is about 12, but the soonest check in available is 12:30-1pm. Is FTTF worth getting? I have never done it before so curious if I should spring for it? My husband and friend going hates lines and waiting but didn’t know what it might be like then.

May not be available.

Lets say our flight is running behind or our transfer from FLL to Port of Miami - and lets say we book the 12 slot but dont get there til 1pm - then what? I am asking because normally we are in town the day before the cruise leaves and never fret it.

My appointment time on the Vista this past January as 11:30 to 12:00. I got to the front of the line at 12:05. I was told to get in the early/late arrival line instead of the on-time line since I arrived 5 minutes after my check-in window. It didn't end up being a big deal because the line wasn't long. I was on the ship at 12:35. Our cabin was ready at 1:30 and our luggage arrived at our room at 1:45 pm.

If you arrive at 1:00 pm, you will probably just walk on the ship.

Yes it is still available for our cruise in 9 days. Thats why I am wondering if I need it? I am sailing from Miami. Right now the earliest time slot is 12-12:30. I hate to spend an extra $100 if I really dont need it?

I'm doing a 4 nighter in April and hadn't planned on getting but but changed my mind. It's 59.99 for the 4 night cruise so if you are in a cabin with 2 others (I think that's what you said) that's really only $20 each. You'll get your luggage first, you can go straight to your room, have the dedicated customer service line, I think it's worth it.

we set sail on a short 4 day on sensation in 9 days! The soonest we can arrive at port is about 12, but the soonest check in available is 12:30-1pm. Is FTTF worth getting? I have never done it before so curious if I should spring for it? My husband and friend going hates lines and waiting but didn’t know what it might be like then.

I personally do not see that it is worth it. We have a 1230 board time, like you, on our Splendor cruise coming up. To me that's plenty early to get on the ship. If you can get it and feel it's worth it, you should get it. But to me, its just not. Its $69.95 pretty much wasted.

I had a similar discussion with my wife last night - FTTF is available (or was yesterday) for our 4-day cruise in a couple weeks. We considered whether we would want to get it for both cabins (my Mom is cruising with us), but really, she could toss her stuff in our room if needed. But TBH, we won't have that much carry-on, and we won't be in a super hurry to get our luggage, and although there is a tender port, we won't be in a hurry for that either, so it did not seem to be worthwhile.

But I do understand where it would be worthwhile: families with lots of carry-on "just in case" that can be taken to their room right away, improving chance of faster luggage delivery, or folks that like to frequent the Guest Services desk for whatever reason (hey, not judging!).

I can’t say whether it would be worth it for you, but for my family it is. The guest services line is a big factor for us (I can almost guarantee at least two cards will be lost [emoji849]), and we prefer to have little or no wait checking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums