Help Needed please - now more perks than when we booked

Georgie68

Last May we booked on the Getaway for 7 days from 25th March in a Balcony cabin. As it's only 5 weeks away we are all paid up.

We are from UK,so we got the premium drinks package included, (as does everyone in the UK providing they aren't booking just a guarantee cabin). We didn't get any other perks as my partner booked it as a surprise and hasn't been on a cruise before and didn't know perks were available and wasn't offered any.

I've had a generic marketing email today from NCL offering perks on new bookings so I looked at booking our cruise again.

If we booked the same cruise today, for a mid ship balcony cabin the price would be £1179 - we paid £1199

We would get on board credit of £150

We would get 3 nights speciality dining @ £63.93 each - £127.86

Obviously I'm not happy about this and have emailed NCL to this effect but not heard back yet. What do you think the chances of them added these perks onto our booking? What else do you suggest?

Thanks

Obviously I'm not happy about this and have emailed NCL to this effect but not heard back yet. What do you think the chances of them added these perks onto our booking? What else do you suggest?

You have no reason to be "not happy". You are getting exactly what you/your partner booked and paid for.

The price is slightly lower simply because NCL is trying to fill the last few empty staterooms.

Promos change. You will receive what you are supposed to receive.

There is a "slim to none" chance of getting something from NCL but NCL doesn't owe you anything.

Last May we booked on the Getaway for 7 days from 25th March in a Balcony cabin. As it's only 5 weeks away we are all paid up.

We are from UK,so we got the premium drinks package included, (as does everyone in the UK providing they aren't booking just a guarantee cabin). We didn't get any other perks as my partner booked it as a surprise and hasn't been on a cruise before and didn't know perks were available and wasn't offered any.

I've had a generic marketing email today from NCL offering perks on new bookings so I looked at booking our cruise again.

If we booked the same cruise today, for a mid ship balcony cabin the price would be £1179 - we paid £1199

Thanks

Thanks for your replies, sounds like we're just going to have to get on with it!

As you are NOT after final payment date (for most European bookings it is 30 or 31 days before sailing date and not the 90/100 days as for American bookings), you can CHANGE your reservation for a fee of around EUR 50 p.p. Seems to me like this might be something of interest for you, as you would gain MORE than the extra fee you would have to pay for the change? I just changed one of my reservations last week in order to get a better price and more perks (I live in Europe myself), I just called NCL and they did the change while having me on the phone. I had the option of getting the same cabin number as well, but chose to upgrade to a higher cabin category as the prices had dropped to below my original price even for the "better" cabin type....

Thanks

oh heaven's so you are not happy, well it is like buying a car or a house or whatever, yes, even a vacation. From time to time sales are run or specials. Aftter the fact you should not expect to charge the price you have paid. You were content with the price you paid and whatever you got for your money. Life is a gamble, you someitmes win, sometimes lose. How would you feeel if you had gotten a deal like is being offered now but later the company decided not to offer the perks and told you, I am sorry, I know you thought you were getting the meal package or the OBC but we have decided that is too much for us to offer so we are taking the perks away from you?

As you are NOT after final payment date (for most European bookings it is 30 or 31 days before sailing date and not the 90/100 days as for American bookings), you can CHANGE your reservation for a fee of around EUR 50 p.p. Seems to me like this might be something of interest for you, as you would gain MORE than the extra fee you would have to pay for the change? I just changed one of my reservations last week in order to get a better price and more perks (I live in Europe myself), I just called NCL and they did the change while having me on the phone. I had the option of getting the same cabin number as well, but chose to upgrade to a higher cabin category as the prices had dropped to below my original price even for the "better" cabin type....

Thanks for that info but I've just checked and that's now changed - it's now 70 days to make changes to UK bookings.

I'll put this one down to experience and when I book in future, I'll make sure I book when the perks are on :D

Thanks for your responses.

I am sure I will get flamed to pieces for this but I just dont understand why so many people want to "teach the OP a lesson" when they post questions like this. If someone is asking about whether it is possible to add perks to their booking its just not at all helpful and its just so downright rude to tell someone "you have no reason to be not happy" or "oh for heavens sake". Someone who is merely asking for help to understand whether or not it is possible to make a change isnt a bad person. We ALL wish we could get the most for our hard earned money. The attitude is just so confusing to me yet I see it on post after post.

OP, some people just think they have to be righteously indignant if someone thinks differently than they do. Thats all, rant over. Flame away, I know some of you will.:(

Thanks for that info but I've just checked and that's now changed - it's now 70 days to make changes to UK bookings.

I'll put this one down to experience and when I book in future, I'll make sure I book when the perks are on :D

Keep an eye on the price, too -- sometimes when there are more perks, the price is higher!

Also remind yourself that you had better choice of cabins by booking early. People booking now have are left with the cabins nobody wanted.

I'm a little confused here as to why people would be upset that there are perks available that weren't available when the booking was originally made. Its like going into a supermarket and finding that the Cornflakes are cheaper than when you bought them last week and they have a little toy in them. There is always the danger in chasing the perks that you pay a lot more for your stateroom, as well as losing deposits etc.

I'm certainly not going to phone NCL about the fact that our inside stateroom on the Bliss is now selling at 75% more than when we booked ours and I'm sure they're not going to phone me with 5 days left before final payment is due and tell me they're increasing the price of my booking. It's the same thing in reverse.

Not trying to teach anyone a lesson just trying to understand.

A good idea except no one ever knows when the specials will be offered. While you are waiting prices can go up or down. No matter how you do it, unless you are very lucky you will always find someone who got a better deal than you. We are lucky in the cruise we have coming up: we booked in Nov for our May sailing. We got so many perks it is hard to remember all of them. Between our travel agent who had a great special going at the time and what NCL was offering, we are getting the UDP, gratuities, UBP, $50.00 of on excursions, small OBC, and several minutes use on the computer. We know our next cruise may have just one of two perks. Our last cruise we traveled with 6 others; one couple waited until a week or so after we booked and didn't get the UDP like the rest of us or an OBC.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I am sure I will get flamed to pieces for this but I just dont understand why so many people want to "teach the OP a lesson" when they post questions like this. If someone is asking about whether it is possible to add perks to their booking its just not at all helpful and its just so downright rude to tell someone "you have no reason to be not happy" or "oh for heavens sake". Someone who is merely asking for help to understand whether or not it is possible to make a change isnt a bad person. We ALL wish we could get the most for our hard earned money. The attitude is just so confusing to me yet I see it on post after post.

OP, some people just think they have to be righteously indignant if someone thinks differently than they do. Thats all, rant over. Flame away, I know some of you will.:(

no one has said anything about teaching anyone anything and if you re-read the OPs post you will see, never did they ask for advise. They simply said thery are very unhappy. Some of us are responding with, that is just life. This isn't a attempt to teach anyone a lesson.

no one has said anything about teaching anyone anything and if you re-read the OPs post you will see, never did they ask for advise. They simply said thery are very unhappy. Some of us are responding with, that is just life. This isn't a attempt to teach anyone a lesson.

The OP said "Help Needed Please" in the title of his post and ended the post with "What else do you suggest?". I think we can clearly say he was asking for advice. Obviously I am not going to convince anyone that they are wrong, nor do I want to. My opinion is no more valid than yours. I just feel that there are some really rude posts on here and in almost all threads similar to this. Its just hard to see the way people treat others sometimes.

The OP said "Help Needed Please" in the title of his post and ended the post with "What else do you suggest?". I think we can clearly say he was asking for advice. Obviously I am not going to convince anyone that they are wrong, nor do I want to. My opinion is no more valid than yours. I just feel that there are some really rude posts on here and in almost all threads similar to this. Its just hard to see the way people treat others sometimes.

Unfortunately, especially as the OP booked in the U.K., all I can suggest is that they just accept the situation.

Any other advice would be to just consider that it could have gone the other way and if they booked a while ago it almost always does. If they booked very recently then perhaps there is a lesson to be learned for the future.

I don’t say that to be nasty or rude, but just to state the facts. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Unless you are able to book very last minute then you generally win by booking early. I have lost out a bit a couple of times and won many times more than that, sometimes to by amounts over £1000. I believe it is very good advice to state to someone that they will probably be happier if they celebrate on the wins rather than get upset about the losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk