Bringing water on board

Banana15

Last time, I got an old carry on sized suitcase and put a twelve pack of water and a twelve pack of soda and checked it. I discarded it afterwards. No issues, and it seemed better than a luggage tag on a case of water.

Either plan will work.

I didn’t carry water on in the old days when Aqua class got bottled water every day!

Used to be possible, yes. However, current rules are:

What not to pack?

• ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

More here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

It was just a matter of time until they pot a lid on it. Whatever you bring, you don´t buy from them!

What not to pack?

More here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

It was just a matter of time until they pot a lid on it. Whatever you bring, you don´t buy from them!

This applies only for beverages purchased and brought aboard, outside of ones initial embarkation point.

bon voyage

This applies only for beverages purchased and brought aboard, outside of ones initial embarkation point.

bon voyage

As it's under the heading of "What Not To Pack?", which applies to initial embarkation, I'm not sure about the logic of it only applying to later reboardings. Any thoughts?

bon voyage

I beg to differ... it is mentioned under "Before you board" and "What not to pack" - so clearly when starting the cruise and therefore embarkation point.

And as I said: I do understand it and wondered how long it would take before the changed the rule.

For me it´s kind of like bringing food into a restaurant...

I beg to differ... it is mentioned under "Before you board" and "What not to pack" - so clearly when starting the cruise and therefore embarkation point.

And as I said: I do understand it and wondered how long it would take before the changed the rule.

For me it´s kind of like bringing food into a restaurant...

The wording has been the same for years and never enforced, have done it many times.

Have also done it in various ports, never been rejected

My docs don't list non alcoholic beverages under what not to pack. Someone on another thread suggested this is only listed on passengers from countries outside the US. That does really not make sense, but I was surprised that it was not included in my recently received docs.

I've found that e-docs take some time to be updated to reflect policy changes.

My docs don't list non alcoholic beverages under what not to pack. Someone on another thread suggested this is only listed on passengers from countries outside the US. That does really not make sense, but I was surprised that it was not included in my recently received docs.

It is on the US-Website, so location has nothing to do with it.

However, it is relatively new. So it might already be on the website but not on the documents yet.

Seen that happen with other things before.

The wording has been the same for years and never enforced, have done it many times.

Again, I beg to differ: As a matter of fact I know "Non-Alcoholic-Beverages" was added not long ago.

Alcoholic has always been on the list.

I also think they are going to enforce it after a while. If you think of it: when you check in cases of beverages you use there services to bring it on board and to your stateroom in order to not pay the drinks with them :confused: It was just a matter of time...

What not to pack?

More here:

Maybe Im not reading in the right place. but following this link, I see the Alchohol policy but nothing pertaining to carrying on bottled water or other non alcoholic beverages.

Maybe Im not reading in the right place. but following this link, I see the Alchohol policy but nothing pertaining to carrying on bottled water or other non alcoholic beverages.

All the way down on the bottom of the page under What not to pack

it says "Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages"

I want to bring a case of water on the ship to keep in our room. How can I do that at check-in? Will I have to carry around the case of water until we have access to our room or will they allow us to check it?

I do not get it-you pay so much for a cruise-so if it costs you another $50 why drag a case of water with you? Yes, it is expensive- but you paid thousands for a cruise. Also, drinking water from the ship is fine.

Time out, Time out here! It specifically says 'what not to pack' and what NOT what to bring!

As well, elsewhere in the FAQ's it states clearly what the alcohol policy is, two (2) bottles of wine (read: still) per cabin.

So, not to 'over think this' and make new policy interpretations, which are NOT there, just understand the difference between pack (as in suitcase) and bring (as in place with suitcase.)

bon voyage and bring those pre-packaged beverages aboard, if you want or need to!

bon voyage

I do not get it-you pay so much for a cruise-so if it costs you another $50 why drag a case of water with you? Yes, it is expensive- but you paid thousands for a cruise. Also, drinking water from the ship is fine.

c - we all have our beverages proclivities, even if only for a week or so, just think Classic vs. Premium.... LOL

:cool:

bon voyage

Yes, it has been enforced, i.e. those who have to go to the 'naughty room' to have their luggage opened to inspect suspected contraband... because they did not read the FAQ's about what not to pack. ;p

bon voyage

What not to pack?

More here:

m - unfortunately, this is an incorrect assumption and interpretation of the policy and rules pertaining to this.

bon voyage

Time out, Time out here! It specifically says 'what not to pack' and what NOT what to bring!

As well, elsewhere in the FAQ's it states clearly what the alcohol policy is, two (2) bottles of wine (read: still) per cabin.

So, not to 'over think this' and make new policy interpretations, which are NOT there, just understand the difference between pack (as in suitcase) and bring (as in place with suitcase.)

bon voyage and bring those pre-packaged beverages aboard, if you want or need to!

bon voyage

So your interpretation is the correct one?

Sorry, not being allowed to bring stuff they sell makes sense and fits right in with the general changes of policy.

Let´s say your interpretation is right. The Non-Alcoholic Beverage line is under the same points as for example firearms, irons, drones etc.

Following your logic, you would be allowed to bring these items - just not to pack them...

Sorry Bo, as much as I usually agree with you, this just does not make sense.

So your interpretation is the correct one?

Sorry, not being allowed to bring stuff they sell makes sense and fits right in with the general changes of policy.

Let´s say your interpretation is right. The Non-Alcoholic Beverage line is under the same points as for example firearms, irons, drones etc.

Following your logic, you would be allowed to bring these items - just not to pack them...

Sorry Bo, as much as I usually agree with you, this just does not make sense.

m - thank you, even per CC the list of acceptable and prohibited items for many cruise lines (recently updated too).

There is a synopsis here, too.

I believe it is universally understood that firearms, irons, drones etc.. will be prohibited under any circumstances. Then again there are always a few passengers who sincerely believe that some of these items prohibited does not apply to them for some strange reason..

There is a difference between prohibited altogether vs what can be packed vs what can be brought aboard, in my opine.

Thank you for your thoughts, regardless....

bon voyage