Is it possible??

Sea and Me

We are new to Carnival and have booked a family cruise for July, 2018. I went through my TA but I thought before I see him today I would ask the experts;) I think we booked through Early Saver. I was wondering since the price of the cruise has come down would we be able to get the new price and what would it involve?? We already paid the insurance and the gratuities. There are 3 bookings involved.

I hope the answer is what I would like to hear. Any help is appreciated. We meet him in about 3 hrs.

Thanks and have a good day.

Hi

If you make a point to check the cabin prices regularly and you see a price drop, don't wait, call immediately (every time)to request the price change. Unfortunately since you booked through a TA, the request has to be made by that person or agency. It is not complicated, they can either phone or fill out an online form, it only takes a few minutes.

Just make sure that the price you are seeing is for the same cabin class. If prices have come down broadly across cabin classes, some people may use this opportunity to upgrade cabins with little or no extra money. A few issues that sometimes may affect people looking for a price drop is (1) if you had an included OBC with your original booking, you may lose it if it is not currently being offered (verify first). (2) if the price drop is associated with a different booking "rate" (not Early Saver) then your booking rate will change

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Yea a TA should be on top of it for you. We never use a TA and book directly. We had a price drop week before last. The price dropped, I filled out the form and got the difference in OBC approved within 10-15 minutes. I'll do this numerous times until our cruise.

Thanks so very much for your replies! We are going to see my TA this morning. I will let you know how this all works out.:)

I understand you are going today to see TA, however, I would never wait, especially overnight. If prices readjust (and they could go UP), you are out of luck. We have had adjustments made and within the hour the pricing changed. Booked thru a TA, then they must get the adjustment for you, but waiting is a 'roll of the dice' for future price drops.

Yea a TA should be on top of it for you. We never use a TA and book directly. We had a price drop week before last. The price dropped, I filled out the form and got the difference in OBC approved within 10-15 minutes. I'll do this numerous times until our cruise.

Right, I agree with you totally, which is why we rarely to never use a TA any more either....and we usually book ES. However, the OP DID use a TA....so this advice and comment does not help him right now! He has to go thru his TA for the adjustment.

Another word of caution... if your original booking was on a reduced deposit special, sometimes price drops will entail paying the full deposit amount- and if you don't pay it by a certain time, your cruise CAN be canceled. Make sure your TA checks to make sure this isn't the case...

This doesn't always happen, but if the deposit amount changes you ARE expected to pay the difference.

As soon as I see a price drop, I make a screen shot. If the price changes or the cabin type is gone by the time you reach TA, they have always honored the price drop request. They might not always do that, but get your TA to fight for it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We are back from our TA and we got the price drop!!! Ours came down $421.00 and children each was $179.00.

I first learned of the price change from our DIL who saw it on cruise critic:) We will keep checking the prices!!

Thanks again for your comments I appreciate your help.

I'm glad that your TA was able to get the price adjustment for you. Just know that you don't need to see them in person; they should have provided you with phone and email address to reach them if you see another drop. Have you determined if you're booked on Early Saver?

The previous comments are correct. If a new price comes with a full deposit, you'll need to make that in order to get the new price. If the new price doesn't come with OBC, you should factor in any OBC you have before you decide if the lower price is really "lower". You will always keep your Early Saver booking type, but you'll be matched to any price for which you qualify (resident, senior if applicable, military if applicable). Once the final payment date comes, instead of your price going down, you'll have on board credit for any price differences.