Can 13 yo order from kids menu?

annabug

The official policy is 12 and under but if your kid looks young enough they probably wouldn't give you any grief.

Where is this official policy stated? No ages are listed on kids menu which my husband has ordered from.

Where is this official policy stated? No ages are listed on kids menu which my husband has ordered from.

What is says...

"Kids 12 and under eat free from the complimentary kids' menu at all specialty restaurants. Excludes dinner and a show dining events."

LINK

...but in reality, anyone can order from the Kids' menu.

Kids can order from adult menus, adults can order from kids menus (in MDR)

However, in a specialty if they are past the cutoff age, they will still be charged the adult price.

In specialty, they can order off the generic kids menu for free, or specialty menu for full price.

Yes they can order off of the kids menu. My DS16 ordered from the kids menu last year when we went and will again when we go. He is a SUPER picky eater and only eats the like same 5 things. We are going to 3 specialty dinners BUT I paid for both of my kids to have that package. I paid for it last year too so maybe that's why they didn't have an issue with it. My DD14 eats or will try anything. They were very accommodating last year on the Epic.

So,,, since the restaurant is a la carte (that means the you pay for each item like gong to McDonalds), if an adult order nothing from the paid menu, and only chicken fingers off the free kids menu, they will be charged the full price of $0.

Order a steak, pay for a steak. Order a potato, pay for the potato. Kid or adult, same price. I guess if an adult went into a specialty a la carte restaurant, and ordered the kids chicken nuggets, they’d get the nuggets for free. I’d assume someone would have to order off of the specialty menu, or else it would be weird.

My 13 yr old had no problem when she ordered off the kids menu. When we went to Cagney’s, she ordered the Mac & cheese and truffle fries off of the Cagney’s menu and they didn’t charge us for them, nor did they use one of her specialty dining meals that she had as a perk.

YOU can order off the kid's menu....anyone can!

Maybe depends on the waiter? My 16y/o didn't like anything on the MDR menu on the Escape. We asked if a few things could be modified. Answer was no. Asked if she could just order off the kid's menu. Answer was also no (but with a "so sorry"). We got a couple other "no's" then we just left. Three NCL cruises and have not actually eaten in the MDR but love their specialty dining. Totally accommodating.

Maybe depends on the waiter? My 16y/o didn't like anything on the MDR menu on the Escape. We asked if a few things could be modified. Answer was no. Asked if she could just order off the kid's menu. Answer was also no (but with a "so sorry"). We got a couple other "no's" then we just left. Three NCL cruises and have not actually eaten in the MDR but love their specialty dining. Totally accommodating.

I can see why the wouldn’t modify things, as many are probably pre-made. But to not let her order off the kids menu is something I’ve never heard of. Maybe the waiter was new?

I can see why the wouldn’t modify things, as many are probably pre-made. But to not let her order off the kids menu is something I’ve never heard of. Maybe the waiter was new?

We couldn't order the drink of the day without alcohol for the teens, couldn't order the pour and a half of wine that's on all the bar menus. All made for an awkward first 5 minutes of "no, sorry", but may be that the MDR is just very restrictive in what they can do. We love NCL specialty dining so much it's not been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk