Super Tuscan Wine Dinner

Woobstr112G

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so here's my question. Can someone please give me some details regarding the Super Tuscan Wine Dinner? I've only been on one Royal Class cruise (Royal 2013) and haven't heard of or remember seeing anything related to the experience.

Thanks.....:):):)

Bob

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so here's my question. Can someone please give me some details regarding the Super Tuscan Wine Dinner? I've only been on one Royal Class cruise (Royal 2013) and haven't heard of or remember seeing anything related to the experience.

Thanks.....:):):)

Bob

It's held in Sabatini's, costs around $85-90 pp, 5 or 6 course meal with Tuscan wines paired to each course. Fixed menu...entire Sabatini's restaurant is closed for it.

Some photos and details here (price has gone up a lot!)

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2017/04/super-tuscan-wine-pairing-dinner-at.html?m=1

Usually advertised in main dining room by entrance with what night and menu/wine pairings. Or talk to maitr'de about whether they'll have it.

So fat as I know, only in Royal class ships...

It's held in Sabatini's, costs around $85-90 pp, 5 or 6 course meal with Tuscan wines paired to each course. Fixed menu...entire Sabatini's restaurant is closed for it.

Some photos and details here (price has gone up a lot!)

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.com/2017/04/super-tuscan-wine-pairing-dinner-at.html?m=1

Usually advertised in main dining room by entrance with what night and menu/wine pairings. Or talk to maitr'de about whether they'll have it.

So fat as I know, only in Royal class ships...

Thanks for the quick reply. I took a look at Vickie's blog and it looks might tempting. I might have to add it to my bucket list for next year on the Sky Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, it’s been my experience that the price will vary based upon the wine being served.

On the Royal last Fall, we read the flyer our assistant waiter provided & completed the payment form for $60/pp. He soon returned & was embarrassed after learning one of the wines was Masetto (over $500 per bottle plus tip) so we decided not to pay over $100/pp. for the ST Dinner.

We’ve always enjoyed the Winemakers Dinner ($40) in the smaller Wine Cellar with free flowing wine. We went to the ST wine tasting ($40) on the Royal’s inaugural TA and much preferred the WD. The ST Dinner’s menu has more food than the ST tasting & we would have gone to the ST Dinner at $60 but not at over $100.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Bob, Sharon & I have done both, Super Tuscan & Wine Makers. I suggest the Wine Makers. Best to you & Holly.

Hi Bruce, thanks for the input. It is much appreciated. On another matter, why don't you and Sharon book the T/A on the Sky for 2019. Would be great to sail with you again:).

Bob, it’s been my experience that the price will vary based upon the wine being served.

On the Royal last Fall, we read the flyer our assistant waiter provided & completed the payment form for $60/pp. He soon returned & was embarrassed after learning one of the wines was Masetto (over $500 per bottle plus tip) so we decided not to pay over $100/pp. for the ST Dinner.

We’ve always enjoyed the Winemakers Dinner ($40) in the smaller Wine Cellar with free flowing wine. We went to the ST wine tasting ($40) on the Royal’s inaugural TA and much preferred the WD. The ST Dinner’s menu has more food than the ST tasting & we would have gone to the ST Dinner at $60 but not at over $100.

Frank;

I would really like to try both. Since the Sky T/A will be my first Royal Class cruise in what will be 6 years, I will do my best to experience both.....:):):)

Bob