500 nights acknowledge

windsor26

Yes, it is fairly new. Until a year or so ago, the todo was based on cruise credits. Now it is based on number of days. The thresholds for days are now 10 times the number for cruise credits. It starts with 500 and goes up by 250 at a time.

The recognition is given on the cruise where you hit the milestone. For 500, this includes flowers, canapés, recognition at the Captain's Circle party. We will hit 750 on our next cruise, so I have talked to the CC rep on our last two cruises. They were vague at best. One told me they were told not to tell anyone anything in advance. I did get. I did get a grudging acknowledgement that at 750 you get the above plus breakfast in Sabatini's every morning. I could not get them to tell me if you got this on all legs if you were on a b2b or just the leg where you hit 750.

I will come back in June when I am on the 750 day cruise and let you know what happens.

It is recognition for the Milestone achievement which has changed from number of cruises to number of days. So anyone who has reached a milestone is now recognized at the Captain's Circle party. On our recent cruises on the Caribbean on one cruise there were 3 couples recognized who had achieved 500 days and on the next cruise a couple was recognized for 1250 days. The milestones are in 250 day increments.

The change to days was made this year. Also of note is that P&O days sailed are no longer used for the Most Traveled Guest awards. They still count for the luncheon but not the MTG award.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is fairly new. Until a year or so ago, the todo was based on cruise credits. Now it is based on number of days. The thresholds for days are now 10 times the number for cruise credits. It starts with 500 and goes up by 250 at a time.

The recognition is given on the cruise you hit the milestone. For 500, this includes flowers, canapés, recognition at the Captain's Circle party. We will hit 750 on our next cruise, so I have talked to the CC rep on our last two cruises. They were vague at best. One told me they were told not to tell anyone anything in advance. I did get. I did get a grudging acknowledgement that at 750 you get the above plus breakfast in Sabatini's every morning. I could not get them to tell me if you got this on all legs if you were on a b2b or just the leg where you hit 750.

I will come back in June when I am on the 750 day cruise and let you know what happens.

For each milestone you get flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, breakfast at Sabatini's, recognition at the CC party and a bridge tour. It is only for the current cruise upon which the milestone occurs. If you are on b2b's booked separately, it is only for the one in which the milestone event occurs. If you are booked on a logical b2b then it should be for the whole cruise however with all of the Captain Circle cutbacks and new rigid rules, it might take a special ruling from Santa Clarita! We were on b2bs when we hit one of our milestones and the VIP recognition was limited to the cruise on which the milestone was achieved; the one prior to and the one after were not included.

I'm sure that you didn't get specific responses to all of your questions because the CC host now has much less leeway in what he/she can do. They are kept to a strict budget that they cannot exceed. Also each milestone request must be reviewed and approved at the main office. Things are very different now with the Captain's Circle program as well as the role of the on-board host.

Also the count of the days covers only Princess cruises so those who have sailed on P & O will not be credited with those days in the milestone count.

However even with the cutbacks it is still a very nice perk.

We celebrated our 1000th Princess day on the Golden Princess in Australia in December while on a series of B2B cruises. We received flowers, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a certificate and recognition at the CC party. We did not get breakfast in Sabatinis nor a bridge tour, but, to be honest, we had already had one on the ship very recently.

I think that 1000 days might be the last milestone that is recognized, only because I’ve never seen anyone recognized at a higher level, despite seeing many cruisers with days much higher than that.

On a couple of my recent cruises I hit 75 cruise credits and the next cruise 500 days. Got lots of goodies on both that I really appreciated. Cruise before those was my 50th and I actually got a very nice upgrade on that one.

Princess has been spoiling me lately :) Thanks

We celebrated our 1000th Princess day on the Golden Princess in Australia in December while on a series of B2B cruises. We received flowers, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a certificate and recognition at the CC party. We did not get breakfast in Sabatinis nor a bridge tour, but, to be honest, we had already had one on the ship very recently.

I think that 1000 days might be the last milestone that is recognized, only because I’ve never seen anyone recognized at a higher level, despite seeing many cruisers with days much higher than that.

It definitely goes higher than 1000. It's every 250 days so you can look forward to your next one. A couple on a recent sailing were recognized for 1250 days.

BTW, have you adjusted to being back in CO after your wondrous cruise & Hawaii?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums