5 Day Cabo Formal

Cruiseboy86

A day ending in Y?

Tuesnesday?

Without any more information, it's impossible to answer your query. However, in the spirit of teaching you to fish versus handing you one already filleted, here are some guidelines: formal nights are never on embarkation day or on the last evening. That leaves you three nights. Of those three, are you at sea all day on one of them? If so, that's the most likely formal night. If no sea days, which port departure is the earliest? That would be your second more likely suspect. If you're in port until 11pm on every single night, *shrug,* you'll just have to wait and be surprised.

Well, then. Embarkation is on Monday, at sea Tuesday, arrive in Cabo for an overnight on Wednesday, departs from Cabo at noon on Thursday, at sea Friday, and arrives back in San Pedro on Saturday. So, I guess the formal could be on Tuesday or Thursday. Thanks.

Most times it has been a standard Princess cruise. BUT there will almost always be a large group or large family on the cruise. Bud Light and Coors are very popular. Los Angeles and the surrounding area will be the dominate people aboard. Formal night will bring a variety of dress styles.- From Pu(i)mps(Edited for Cruise Critic) to Pros to dungarees. :)

I've done this cruise and found that 5 night cruises are more informal. In your cruise personalizer there should be a statement under calendar and planning if you have a formal night. They did away with formal nights on the 4 night cruises. It will NEVER be the last night because you're asked to leave your luggage packed outside your door for those not doing self debarkation.

Neverbeenhere, since you've done that cruise many times, what kind of atmosphere/passenger demographic is on the ship? I've done many 7 and 10 day, but never a 5 day.

Just jumping in here, as we were just on the Ruby. My daughter said that the Youth Lounge staff told them that on the 5-day Cabo cruise this week, there were going to be 133 teens on board! That's only teens from 13-17. I'm sure there will be lots of kiddies in the 12 and under group too.

To compare, there were only 36 teens on our 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise. :eek:

Princess likes to do the formal night on the first sea day which in the OP's case will be Tuesday. There may be a lot of kids aboard depending if they will be out of school when you are cruising. Dress code on the 5 day cruises out of the west coast tends to be informal even on formal night.

I confirmed last night with a friend who boarded the Ruby yesterday for the 5-day cruise that formal night is the second night; the first full sea day.

Don’t think there will be a lot of kids on the 2/26/18 cruise as in this area (LA and Orange County), this week is President’s Week vacation, not next week.