RC Complimentary Water in Cabin

CarolRoy

Ding ding, dumbest statement of the day.

Here's a list of pros and cons. (This means drinking it regularly, so doesnt really apply to a 1 week cruise)

Only real concern I see is if your fasting, can't see many people doing that on a cruise.

http://all-about-water-filters.com/benefits-and-dangers-of-drinking-distilled-water-regularly/

DING, DING, dumbest statement of the day!

Distilled water is water where it is pure H2O, no minerals are present at all, a term called hypotonic. Regular drinking water that has minerals in it is called isotonic because there is no net solute concentration difference between your body and the drinking water. Distilled water has many purposes especially for industrial purposes. Drinking water like distilled water (hypotonic) will draw out the electrolytes (minerals that are usually found in normal drinking water) and also could lead to mineral deficiencies in the body as well. The study stated below, also reported to the World Health Organization, explains in great detail the health problems that would eventually lead to death if the only water ingested was distilled water. Its obvious if you drink SOME distilled water, nothing will happen, but I am saying if you drink distilled water in place of regular water, one will face health consequences.

Although I am not a health professional, I am a chemical engineer, and have an above average comprehension of the health related issues. And, I know this information specifically from years ago from a lecture about this EXACT topic. Have a great day. I look forward to your response. :)

Medical Sources and Studies:

-HEALTH RISKS FROM DRINKING DEMINERALISED WATER, National Institute of Public Health Czech Republic,http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Edited by 11madmic
spelling mistake

I would guess that is a case of the room steward having a clear understanding of the relationship between his level of service, and the amount of the tip at the end of the week. Capitalism at its truest form .... ;)

It's not the steward who brings the water though. It is someone from, and I'm guessing, from room service as on my last cruise on Allure, the water was delivered from a room service cart. The person also had the Diamond Plus cookies that we got at the same time.

Plenty of water from your sink...same stuff that's in the bottles! Refill as needed!

Bob here is the secrete the Cruise Line is telling you this because they want you to purchase their expensive Evian water! Hint I can purchase the same Evian for a lot less in a local port Grocery Stores or get the Perrier sparkling water for less.

This is why you see the crew walking around the dining room selling you bottles of Evian Water.

At Starbucks you are getting triple filtered water by asking for an Iced Water.

I never got sick from drinking the ship's stateroom or MDR/Park Cafe/Cafe Promenade water. This is what I use to take my medication and brush my teeth. If the water were bad the ship would not pass inspections,

Do you think the crew are purchasing those expensive bottles of water? Where do you think the water comes from when we ask for water in the MDR? The same supply as in our staterooms!

The cruiseline wants you to avoid the water because they are afraid you won't like the taste of the water! If you don't you can purchase the water flavorings.

I have never had any problem consuming the water in our stateroom or the water with the flavorings served at Park Cafe.

All the water is filtered using the same methods and there is no sign saying the water is not potable or safe for consumption.

I never heard one statement about not to drink your stateroom water on the Safety Video they show on your TVs on embarkation day.

So go ahead and fill up your water bottles with your stateroom water or use the water cup from the Windjammer and use that to fill up your water bottle!

If you feel more comfortable paying for the Evian then I a not stopping you(:

It's not the steward who brings the water though. It is someone from, and I'm guessing, from room service as on my last cruise on Allure, the water was delivered from a room service cart. The person also had the Diamond Plus cookies that we got at the same time.

Room Service and other sales people are selling you the ancillary portion. They have been trained to scare you into buying the "For Purchase" water.

Where do you think all the water for your soda, coffee, ice, windjammer "juices" and slushy drinks is coming from. The same pipes as your bathroom.

I drink the ships water, but not from my cabin faucet, only in the restaurants or bars. I had a bad experience on Explorer a few years back. I had no cold water coming from my faucet, and called maintenance. They new exactly what the problem was. They changed the aerator on the faucet and then ran the water. Filthy brown water came from the faucet for about 30 seconds. It was really gross and use your imagination as to what it looked like. So even though the water is OK to drink, the fixtures it goes through may not be. I'm assuming that the water in the restaurants and bars is checked all the time.

but I am saying if you drink distilled water in place of regular water, one will face health consequences.

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

I think we can both agree on this point.

But on a cruise. 7 days drinking just RO water will do no one any harm.

Not about to debate a Chemist.

It’s like debating a Geologist, eventually they will grind you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can both agree on this point.

But on a cruise. 7 days drinking just RO water will do no one any harm.

Not about to debate a Chemist.

It’s like debating a Geologist, eventually they will grind you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the thread was about a situation on a short cruise, I did not relate it to that situation but rather a long term situation. I should have conveyed that in my original post, my mistake. Its very obvious that cruise ship water is just as safe to ingest as city water otherwise we would hear otherwise.

It's worth noting that there will be two different kinds of water in the cabin. One will be the complimentary water, and the other will be at a charge. There should be a tag around the one that you'll be charged for. On my last cruise, my roomie accidentally drank that one and it was about $7.00.

Thankfully RCI finally listened to us about those 7.00 bottles of water and have taken them out, along with the mini bar they did weeks before that. There was a huge thread about those nefarious charges on both. Happy to see that gone. :o

See post #21. ;)