Two Questions for the Price of 1

babs135

We've just booked a 7 nights cruise on the Regal Princess over Christmas and can't wait :D

So, can anyone tell me the price of drinks, eg gin & tonic, whiskey and cocktails such as a Moscow Mule?

And

Are we allowed to bring alcohol onto the ship and if so is there a limit?

I've been looking at the drinks package and I think it might be too expensive for someone like us who perhaps would have only a couple of (alcoholic) drinks a day.

We will be boarding in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your Christmas cruise! We spent 10 days over Christmas 2016 on the Regal. The decorations are just beautiful! Be sure to read the Patter each night/morning (I like to mark the possible activities with a highlighter) so you don't miss out on anything. The Patter is delivered to your room each evening by your room steward.

Princess sells a bottled water package which must be pre-ordered prior to cruise. You can find it in the cruise personalizer in the beverage section. I think it is around $6.50 or so for 12 bottles which are delivered to your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, can anyone tell me the price of drinks, eg gin & tonic, whiskey and cocktails such as a Moscow Mule? I don't know the exact prices of drinks, but most are less than $10. If you do a search, there's a drink pricing spreadsheet. Some have posted copies of menus that have prices listed.

And

Are we allowed to bring alcohol onto the ship and if so is there a limit? Others answered already

I've been looking at the drinks package and I think it might be too expensive for someone like us who perhaps would have only a couple of (alcoholic) drinks a day.

The drink package isn't for you, if you only have one or 2 drinks a day. Find the spreadsheet and do your own calculation to be sure.

It should come up in a search for "spreadsheet".

If you only drink a couple of alcoholic drinks a day the Beverage Package probably is not right for you. You really need to average at least 5-7 drinks per person per day plus coffee, soft drinks and water to make it pay for itself.

Can I check please are you saying you can bring on board soft drinks without limit, and water?

Just tape a couple of 12-packs together, tape a luggage tag on it and check it with the rest of your luggage. It will be delivered to your cabin with your luggage.