what time can you get on the ship?

dina8ken

Typically boarding starts between 11:30 and noon. There have been times when it was later if the ship was coming back from Europe and had to go through a USCG inspection.

Correct. The fleetwide, worldwide policy is 11:30. Occasionally delayed by special and fairly rare issues.

Commonly discussed here.

Additionally, I think I recall that past guests (we are Mariner 2 Star) can have a sit down lunch in the dining room.

Is that still the case?

If so, what are the typical lunch times for that?

If you do a search, I believe you will find there is no longer a Mariner Lunch in the MDR. There is a lunch served, but it is open to everyone.

The doors to the cruise terminal usually open around 10:30 where you will be given a number for boarding. If you are in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, you will be given an "S" letter. You will first go through security and then proceed to the correct line to check in. After that you will sit until around 11:30 when the majority of the time boarding begins.

First the people in wheelchairs and the PS will board. Then the Neptune Suite passengers and 4 and 5 star Mariners will board. After that they start to call the numbers.

Cabins the majority of the time are ready by 11:30 so that you can drop off your carry-ons, etc. and then do whatever you want.

Lunch in the dining room is for all passengers -- Noon to 1:30 -- lower level of the dining room. Be warned -- some ships close the dining room at 1. There may also be a function going on in the dining room, thus it may be closed.

Additionally, I think I recall that past guests (we are Mariner 2 Star) can have a sit down lunch in the dining room.

Is that still the case?

If so, what are the typical lunch times for that?

On my January 2018 cruise on Veendam, the actual Mariner lunch was on the second day of the cruise.