Cruising to Hawaii from Sydney to Honolulu or vice versa

We did Sydney to Hawaii on Solstice April last year. Thoroughly enjoyed the itinerary and would do it again.

We would not do Hawaii - Sydney purely weather related. We prefer going from cooler weather to warmer weather. Because it was transpacific end of season for our cruise last April, although Sydney was still great weather and warm, NZ is well into autumn by that stage and notably cooler. So the two sea days out of Sydney to NZ and the first two sea days from NZ heading to Tahiti was not suitable weather for being out on deck too long - but closer we got to the equator the better weather it got and it just added so much to the enjoyment of the rest of the bulk of the cruise.

I also noted for the cruise that came down from Hawaii in Oct last year (beginning of Sthn Hemisphere's cruise season) the itinerary missed the Tahitian Island - Moorea - we enjoyed Moorea and would have been sad to have missed that.

Bora Bora is one of my bucket list destinations and we have Patrick’s Maohi Nui excursion booked for that. We are also doing a helicopter flight out of Maui. How much better than it can get?

You will LOVE Patrick's tour !!! It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Felt like paradise and I couldn't speak more highly of Patrick and his family run tour.

Edited by Embrace
changed based to run to prevent confusion

You will LOVE Patrick's tour !!! It was one of the highlights of our cruise. Felt like paradise and I couldn't speak more highly of Patrick and his family run tour.

Will have to keep this in mind when we do the Hawaii cruise, so enjoy cruise critic for all the information you get.

Bora Bora tour with Patrick of Maohi Nui.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54662821

Sent from my iPhone using Forums