Cruising to Hawaii from Sydney to Honolulu or vice versa

I cant seem to find any cruises from Sydney to Hawaii ... are my wee elfie eyes missing something?
The Celebrity Solstice does this twice a year as a repositioning cruise in April and September/October. April is Sydney to Hawai'i. I believe RCCL also offers similar cruises around the same time of year.

It's a fabulous cruise.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

My husband and I did Sydney to Hawaii but if we were to do it again we would do Hawaii to Sydney!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May I ask why? We are doing Hawaii to Sydney [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My reasoning is shopping and weight restrictions on an airline that is mute on a cruise home and vigorously exploring Oahu before relaxing on a cruise home other than carefully selected excursions at all ports.

I just think you get the flight over then a nice relax g holiday all the way home. No jet lag when you get home which would make it easier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I find land based travel quite hectic and even stressful trying to fit as much sight seeing as possible.

It's then nice to completely relax with plenty of sea days home.

And as others have said, our luggage is inevitably heavier on the return trip. We use rail travel to get home from Sydney so better to sail back to Oz.😁

We did the Hawai'i to Sydney route for the jet lagged reason. We had always wanted to visit Sydney but flying there meant being jet lagged from a 32hr trip. So we flew to Honolulu and spent 5 nights there then cruised seeing spectacular scenery and swam with the sting rays in Bora Bora. By the time we got to Sydney we were on the correct time zone and were able to make the most out of our 5 days there. It was a truly wonderful trip.

I must advise that there are a lot of sea days on this cruise which we loved but some complained about. We were never bored and our weather was great although it did get cooler as we approached NZ and Australia. It was their spring after all. [emoji4]

I cant seem to find any cruises from Sydney to Hawaii ... are my wee elfie eyes missing something?

Princess do a round trip a couple of times a year.

Others do one way from Hawaii about October to get here to start the season or to Hawaii around April at the end of the season as part of their relocation cruises.

I find land based travel quite hectic and even stressful trying to fit as much sight seeing as possible.

And as others have said, our luggage is inevitably heavier on the return trip. We use rail travel to get home from Sydney so better to sail back to Oz.😁

If Mrs Gut could fly that would be our choice too, for similar reasons.

And as others have said, our luggage is inevitably heavier on the return trip. We use rail travel to get home from Sydney so better to sail back to Oz.[emoji16]

We use a quick rail home too.

With some lines, these cruises hide under the heading of Trans-Pacific. Others will show with a departure port of Honolulu but don't show up as Oz and UnZud itineraries.

If Mrs Gut could fly that would be our choice too, for similar reasons.

If Mrs Gut could fly she would be very tired by the time she got to Honolulu.[emoji14]

If I had more time off, I'd like to do the Mr Gut round trip too. Maybe one day!

Bora Bora is one of my bucket list destinations and we have Patrick’s Maohi Nui excursion booked for that. We are also doing a helicopter flight out of Maui. How much better than it can get?

Bora Bora is one of my bucket list destinations and we have Patrick’s Maohi Nui excursion booked for that. We are also doing a helicopter flight out of Maui. How much better than it can get?

He offers great excursions.:D

Help please, we are trying to decide whether to cruise from Sydney to Hawaii in April or Hawaii to Sydney in September, which do you think would be better weather wise also looks like cruise is cheaper in April, any assistance greatly appreciated.

Actually, I'd say Sydney through Hawaii and then on to L.A. In late spring. Look at the upcoming world cruise segment on Oceania Insignia (38 days). Terrific!

One of the reasons is that for most relocations , it is a full Trans Pacific and they have no trouble filling the ships from Nth America to Sydney or vise versa.

One of the reasons is that for most relocations , it is a full Trans Pacific and they have no trouble filling the ships from Nth America to Sydney or vise versa.

That is true, that is how we sailed from San Diego to Sydney via Mexico and Hawaii.:D

Were doing Syd to Hawaii next month on Solstice. Our decisions were based on dates, weather and ports. Going to Hawaii you get an extra sea day by crossing the international date line where going towards Sydney you loose a day as you wind the calendar forward. Also the number of ports. The Syd to Hawaii on Solstice in April stops in Hilo on Big Island, where the reverse trip doesn’t.

Actually, I'd say Sydney through Hawaii and then on to L.A. In late spring. Look at the upcoming world cruise segment on Oceania Insignia (38 days). Terrific!

Thanks for that all depends on our budget, we are doing a 28 night cruise end of March this year with Italy and England afterwards that might take up a huge budget. But will look into that ;)

Were doing Syd to Hawaii next month on Solstice. Our decisions were based on dates, weather and ports. Going to Hawaii you get an extra sea day by crossing the international date line where going towards Sydney you loose a day as you wind the calendar forward. Also the number of ports. The Syd to Hawaii on Solstice in April stops in Hilo on Big Island, where the reverse trip doesn’t.

I look forward to hearing your feedback, as I loved the Solstice:)

On our sail from Honolulu to Sydney, we did stop in Maui on our way down.

Although we did go to bed on Thursday and wake up on Sunday, the trip was still 18 nights the same as going the other way. Crossing the date line doesn't increase or decrease an itinerary. It still the same number of days even though two days are labeled the same or one day is missed in the labeling.

The big difference between the two sailings is whether you want to visit NZ and Sydney in the fall (April) or in the spring (October). We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the spring blossoms on all the trees. [emoji4]

On our sail from Honolulu to Sydney, we did stop in Maui on our way down.

Although we did go to bed on Thursday and wake up on Sunday, the trip was still 18 nights the same as going the other way. Crossing the date line doesn't increase or decrease an itinerary. It still the same number of days even though two days are labeled the same or one day is missed in the labeling.

The big difference between the two sailings is whether you want to visit NZ and Sydney in the fall (April) or in the spring (October). We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the spring blossoms on all the trees. [emoji4]

Yes, we are also stopping in Maui (and Hilo, Big Island too).

Solstice April itinerary is Sydney, Bay of Islands, Auckland, Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora, Hilo, Maui, Honolulu - and It’s 19 nights (not 18).

I grew up in Sydney, so didn’t even Consider spring blossoms there that we see every year.