Adventure of the Seas - Starbucks Question?

soleil1995

Unless they added a stand alone Starbucks during her last drydock there is no stand alone Starbucks on Adventure. The cafe which serves specialty coffees that may or may not use Starbucks coffee is included with the drink package.

Stand alone Starbucks on Oasis class ships are not included.

Unless they added a stand alone Starbucks during her last drydock there is no stand alone Starbucks on Adventure. The cafe which serves specialty coffees that may or may not use Starbucks coffee is included with the drink package.

Thanks for the information!

No...Starbucks isn't included in any package. Starbucks is awful, IMO....you'd have to PAY ME to drink it. Bitter and burnt...nasty stuff!

This is not accurate. See post #2 for the accurate answer.

• Haha 1

This is not accurate. See post #2 for the accurate answer.

Ha!

Royal will remove the room service charge, eliminate the corkage fee, reduce JR’s to $4.95, start going after the chair hogs, enforce the dress code and probably a few dozen other things before CB returns and rereads a post.

• Haha 1

Ha!

Royal will remove the room service charge, eliminate the corkage fee, reduce JR’s to $4.95, start going after the chair hogs, enforce the dress code and probably a few dozen other things before CB returns and rereads a post.

True, but I was hoping the OP would get the correct info. Thanks for the chuckle.:)

With apologies to Bob who endorsed this answer, I beg to differ.

We were on Adventure in December and enjoyed a walk down to the Starbucks booth outside the Promenade Cafe every morning for a Starbucks Caramel Frappucino and Cafe Americano.

It's very possible that this was not truly a "Starbucks" - but they had Starbucks logos everywhere, Starbucks cups, and Starbucks branded beverages. All included in our Deluxe Beverage package at no additional charge. *AND* with a great barista who saw us coming every day and started getting our drinks ready. He got a nice tip at the end of our week.

With apologies to Bob who endorsed this answer, I beg to differ.

We were on Adventure in December and enjoyed a walk down to the Starbucks booth outside the Promenade Cafe every morning for a Starbucks Caramel Frappucino and Cafe Americano.

It's very possible that this was not truly a "Starbucks" - but they had Starbucks logos everywhere, Starbucks cups, and Starbucks branded beverages. All included in our Deluxe Beverage package at no additional charge. *AND* with a great barista who saw us coming every day and started getting our drinks ready. He got a nice tip at the end of our week.

That is what is confusing about Royal's policy on the Starbucks. The only true (licensed ) Starbucks venues are on Oasis class ships, and the beverage packages cannot be used there.

As Ken said in post #2, Cafe Promenade or other venues may or may not use Starbucks beans in their beverages, and they may have Starbucks logos on the wall, but since they are not a licensed Starbucks venue, the beverages are included in the unlimited beverage package.

Another indication of whether a venue is a "true" Starbucks is whether or not they take Starbucks gift cards. Those venues on Oasis class ships take Starbucks gift cards, but the gift cards cannot be used on other ships.

That is what is confusing about Royal's policy on the Starbucks. The only true (licensed ) Starbucks venues are on Oasis class ships, and the beverage packages cannot be used there.

True - and the root of much confusion.

As Ken said in post #2, Cafe Promenade or other venues may or may not use Starbucks beans in their beverages, and they may have Starbucks logos on the wall, but since they are not a licensed Starbucks venue, the beverages are included in the unlimited beverage package.

My assumption here (perhaps faulty) was that if they had the logo on the wall then they would be required to serve Starbucks beans / varieties as part of their licensing agreement. Perhaps that's what's different than a FRANCHISE agreement?

We're clearly drifting beyond the OP's question. I wanted to assure that you can indeed get Starbucks beverages onboard the Adventure.

For reference, I found this picture here on Cruise Critic where you can see the Starbucks counter to the right and the logo clearly displayed on the menu board:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/adventure-of-the-seas-192/cafe-promenade-363863/cafe-promenade--v16533533/

For reference, I found this picture here on Cruise Critic where you can see the Starbucks counter to the right and the logo clearly displayed on the menu board:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/adventure-of-the-seas-192/cafe-promenade-363863/cafe-promenade--v16533533/

Another way to tell the difference is that, as seen in the picture you shared, the location is called something other than Starbucks. Cafe Promenade, or La Patisserie on Anthem, serve Starbucks coffee but are not called “Starbucks.” On the Oasis class, the sign says “Starbucks” and that’s the name of the location.

It’s the difference between a licensed location (Oasis class) and an eating facility that participates in the Starbucks food service program (all the other ones). The cafeteria at my office participates in the “Proudly serves Starbucks” program too, and I can assure you that it is no Starbucks.

A second giveaway is that the cups are different. Cups used by locations that “proudly serve Starbucks” have a colored band around the bottom to distinguish them from the real ones. Example:

ffd38aec466096c62715e459a67569c7.jpg

On Anthem I heard employees refer to the La Patisserie as “Starbucks” but it’s still not Starbucks.

It’s just like on land when a Barnes and Noble Cafe sells Starbucks but isn’t a real Starbucks, while a Target may actually have a real Starbucks location inside.

In summation, Ken and Bob are right, and just because a venue purchases their coffee from Starbucks doesn’t make them a Starbucks.

Brooke sent this from her iPhone using Tapatalk

For clarification...

On Adventure...... is the "Starbucks" coffee (and other drinks) at the Cafe Promenade INCLUDED in the ultimate beverage package?

Circle one:

yes or no

:):D

The answer in post #2 is still correct. The Starbucks served at Cafe Promenade is included.

Hi Bob-We are going on the Oasis in June and taking 2 granddaughters who think that they have to have Starbuck's coffee. I read your post earlier that said that we could use the Starbuck's gift cards on the ship. I asked my travel agent today and she said no. So I'm confused. I was going to buy them each a gift card to use. Do you think the policy has changed or will they be able to use gift cards on the Oasis? Thanks, Kathy

No...Starbucks isn't included in any package. Starbucks is awful, IMO....you'd have to PAY ME to drink it. Bitter and burnt...nasty stuff!

Well this whole post is wrong. Yes, on the Adventure the cafe serves Starbucks, and it is included with your package. Second, the beans are not burnt, they are over roasted which is completely different than being burnt. :rolleyes:

Well I guess the part that is right, is your opinion to not like Starbucks... so there's that. :o

Hi Bob-We are going on the Oasis in June and taking 2 granddaughters who think that they have to have Starbuck's coffee. I read your post earlier that said that we could use the Starbuck's gift cards on the ship. I asked my travel agent today and she said no. So I'm confused. I was going to buy them each a gift card to use. Do you think the policy has changed or will they be able to use gift cards on the Oasis? Thanks, Kathy

The policy has not changed. You may use your server arbucks gift cards on the Oasis.(or Allure and Harmony as well).

Well this whole post is wrong. Yes, on the Adventure the cafe serves Starbucks, and it is included with your package. Second, the beans are not burnt, they are over roasted which is completely different than being burnt. :rolleyes:

Well I guess the part that is right, is your opinion to not like Starbucks... so there's that. :o

You seem to have been around long enough to know that a large percentage of cb’s posts are wrong. Sad for newbies who believe them.

You seem to have been around long enough to know that a large percentage of cb’s posts are wrong. Sad for newbies who believe them.

Yeah I am realizing that I have wasted enough time in response to that persons post. They never seem to come back, and they say the same things over and over, so I do not think they read the responses to their own comments.

Oh well.

• 1 month later...

I will chime in my 2cents. Being in the foodservice industry; there are full blown Starbucks franchises and "We proudly serve Starbucks " franchises. They are different levels for using the Starbucks name, etc. Each comes with fairly strict rules about what they can and can't do. "We proudly serve" is the "light" version. I'm not sure about the agreement on only using Starbucks coffee beans, but you should get a similar experience. May not have all the bells and whistles. To have this included in the deluxe package is great, I love a cappuccino or macchiato. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...