Pelaton bikes on Anthem?

Judie

Ahhh, you are right about the WiFi. We’re traveling on Anthem with son and DIL who love their Pelaton, so I thought I’d ask. Is there a charge for typical workout bikes or ellipticals? I’ve used their treadmills but nothing fancier. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Judie

I have a peloton and NO there are none on the anthem. If you want to spin it’s a charge and there is a sign up for a spot and shoes when you enter the gym area. The class is lead by a fitness staff member

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are people allowed to use the spin bikes on their own for no charge when a spin class is not in session?

Prob won’t be a problem. Don’t see who would stop you. If you have WiFi package you might be able to use peloton app to sneak a class in.

Prob won’t be a problem. Don’t see who would stop you. If you have WiFi package you might be able to use peloton app to sneak a class in.

I didn’t check when I was on Anthem but the spin classes are held in a separate room in the gym.

Not sure if they lock that room when there aren’t classes.

Thanks guys. Hopefully they won’t be locked up and I can do my own class, but if not I’ll just sign up and pay for theirs. Hopefully it’s not too early in the morning.

When we were on the Anthem in June you could not use the spin bikes when a class wasn't in session. The door was locked and I believe there was a sign on the door that stated as such.

The ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes, weight machines are free to use.

Not Peloton. I know this for sure because one of the class participants told us everyday she had one : ) My experience was on the Anthem about 2 years ago. So grain of salt. The bikes were state of the art Schwinn -in a separate room with floor to ceiling windows. The doors are frosted so you could technically go in and spin I suppose without anyone noticing. I did not notice the door was locked. When there was not a class that day I remember seeing the bikes are pushed together and roped on one side of the room. I think the classes were at 8am? There was also another offering in the afternoon. The instructor --I think it was Marcus...better than the view over the ocean. : ) I believe the prices were $12 per class. Spin was only offered on sea days. Make sure to sign up in advance for spin at least because it was always full. There was a wait list and the stand-by's were on deck. Icy cold lemon water and fresh towels in the spin room.

We did this class last year on Anthem. If you do spin classes regularly or have Peloton you might be disappointed. The music was upbeat, but the instruction left a lot to be desired it felt as though they were just going through the motions without any real intensity or encouragement. Of the 3 classes, we had 2 different instructors, but only 2 different sets of music, so class 3 was the same set of music as class 1. The room is small even compared to typical spin classes, you are INCHES away from one another, get there early and grab a corner spot if you want to have some personal space.

Peloton shoes use a delta look cleat, these will NOT work on the bikes on Anthem, you need SPD shoes if you want to "Clip In". You can use your sneakers with a toe cage on the other side of the pedals, but everyone in our group had great difficulty securing these properly, mind you both couples have Peloton bikes at home.

The room was indeed locked when not in use and did have signage stating that this area was only to be used during instruction.

If you have a Peloton at home or do soul cycle or any other spin class my suggestion is to miss these. The lack luster instruction and 90's tired techno beats will do little to push you into having a great workout. Use the cardio equipment on the ship or run on the track outside before the "walkers" crowd the space (The track narrows as you hit the aft of the ship near the seaplex on both sides, lounge chairs leave you with with little clearance and little space to overtake those moving slowly)

Depending on how much you ride even with the price of the bike and the monthly service you make out ahead compared to soul cycle classes. At least you get a free shirt on your 100th ride!

We are skipping the treadmill, nothing really groundbreaking with that thing, and if I remember correctly it is like $3000-$4000?

We are Pelo-snobs. I guess when we spend $2500 on a bike you get spoiled!!

Who else preordered the pelo-tred???

I was thinking like you but went to store in NJ and realized for the $40 subscription the treadmill will be included. Also financing at 0%.

Classes will be CrossFit - okay truth is the wife wants it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums