Cagney's appetizers

vent1020

So I need some opinions and I do know that everyone has their own tastes. In preparation for my cruise this upcoming week(SO PSYCHED) I was looking at Cagney's menu. Now, I know what I will get for the entree and dessert, but the choice of appetizers has got me in a conundrum. They ALL look good.(Okay, sans the beet app. Not a big beet fan) Can I get people's opinion who have tried them what they prefer. Thanks. :D

Lump Crab Cakes | Pommery Mustard Sauce

Slow-Roasted Pork Belly | Apple Cider Marinade | Honey Soy Sauce

Oysters Rockerfeller | Mornay Sauce

Chilled Colossal Shrimp Trio | Jack Daniels Cocktail Sauce

Beet and Goat Cheese Napoleon | Truffle Vinaigrette

Honestly leaning towards either the crab cakes or the pork belly, although the oysters and shrimp also sound good. :confused:

I would say it's a matter of personal taste. If you personally prefer

...the crab cakes or the pork belly...
then I would recommend that you go for one of those (whichever one sounds best to you, personally). Similarly, if you find that you're the sort of person who prefers
...oysters and shrimp...
then my advice to you would be to pick your favourite out of those two. I wouldn't recommend that you order the 'Beet and Goat Cheese Napoleon' unless you, personally, enjoy beets, and goat cheese, served in a stack. But your personal tastes may be different to mine, so I can't advise specifically.

So I need some opinions and I do know that everyone has their own tastes. In preparation for my cruise this upcoming week(SO PSYCHED) I was looking at Cagney's menu. Now, I know what I will get for the entree and dessert, but the choice of appetizers has got me in a conundrum. They ALL look good.(Okay, sans the beet app. Not a big beet fan) Can I get people's opinion who have tried them what they prefer. Thanks. :D

Honestly leaning towards either the crab cakes or the pork belly, although the oysters and shrimp also sound good. :confused:

I liked the pork belly, my wife thought it was too fatty, even for pork belly. The shrimp cocktail was what you would expect. The crab cake wasn't that firm, if that makes sense. Had more filler than crab.

If you have the Specialty Dining Plan, you can order as many different appetizers as you wish.

Enjoy them all.:D

I'm with Ramzister! If you've got the specialty dining plan, you can get multiple appetizers and sides, and then you don't have to choose...just be sure to save room for the truffle fries!

If you have the Specialty Dining Plan, you can order as many different appetizers as you wish.

Enjoy them all.:D

Not according to our waiter on the Gem last week.

We were told one app, one soup or salad, one entree and one dessert. I told him that is not what the T and C's say.

His response was " that is what we are told"

YMMV

Where did you see the menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not according to our waiter on the Gem last week.

We were told one app, one soup or salad, one entree and one dessert. I told him that is not what the T and C's say.

His response was " that is what we are told"

YMMV

• That is the case for the Platinum dinner. The conditions for that state: "Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice..."
  • It is not the case if you have purchased a Speciality Dining Package. The conditions for that state: "Charges will apply for additional main course orders." and "...all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney's Steakhouse and Le Bistro.", but they do not limit your appetizers or desserts.

Waitstaff often get the two mixed up, so I carry a printed copy of the two with me to help them remember which is which.