Naughty room, proving things are allowed.

Ambermark

I’m reading a lot about people having to go to the ‘naughty room’ to prove things like mouthwash and other liquids arn’t anything suspicious. My husband takes medication including some liquid ones which come in large bottlles so would I be better off squeezing these into my hand luggage? Or would they be ok in my case as they will still be sealed inside and clearly labelled.

I’m reading a lot about people having to go to the ‘naughty room’ to prove things like mouthwash and other liquids arn’t anything suspicious. My husband takes medication including some liquid ones which come in large bottlles so would I be better off squeezing these into my hand luggage? Or would they be ok in my case as they will still be sealed inside and clearly labelled.

If you get called to the naughty room, you will just need to open the bag and show them the bottle that is in the luggage. If it is a medication he can not do without, I would not put it in checked luggage, I would carry it on. I would not want to risk not getting something that he couldn't do without if his bag was misplaced.

I would never put medicine in checked luggage...

Just take it in your carry on. With it being clearly labeled and sealed you won’t have a problem..

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

And if you get an invitation to the naughty room you will be responsible for schlepping your luggage to your cabin. All valuables and medicines should be with you in your carry on.

I disagree with whose responsibility it is to carry the luggage from the "naughty room". We had a recent experience on the Eclipse with this. We are both handicapped and use wheelchairs to board and disembark although we can walk around the ship although slower than most.

One large suitcase wound up in the "naughty room" because the screeners "decided" that medicinal hydrogen peroxide was drinking alcohol! Clearly they were wrong and our cabin steward wheeled the luggage to our room. Yes, next time it will be in the carry on.

I disagree with whose responsibility it is to carry the luggage from the "naughty room". We had a recent experience on the Eclipse with this. We are both handicapped and use wheelchairs to board and disembark although we can walk around the ship although slower than most.

One large suitcase wound up in the "naughty room" because the screeners "decided" that medicinal hydrogen peroxide was drinking alcohol! Clearly they were wrong and our cabin steward wheeled the luggage to our room. Yes, next time it will be in the carry on.

OP never expressed or implied they were handicapped. Obviously those unable to handle their own luggage would have their luggage delivered to their cabin by one of the staff.