Oasis - deck 12 vs deck 8

tonto524

New to the Oasis class ships. Confirmed in a deck 12 cabin, figuring it was closer to the Diamond Lounge (if we can get in haha) - but now thinking that deck 8 could be more convenient to restaurants, etc. Anyone have any wisdom on this or doesn't it make a huge difference??

Thanks,

Linda

New to the Oasis class ships. Confirmed in a deck 12 cabin, figuring it was closer to the Diamond Lounge (if we can get in haha) - but now thinking that deck 8 could be more convenient to restaurants, etc. Anyone have any wisdom on this or doesn't it make a huge difference??

Thanks,

Linda

I was on deck 12 looking in to the Diamond lounge on BW balcony. It’s closer to the WJ and pools. Didn’t mind walking up and down the stairs as it burns off the calories. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Linda

Depends on how often you'll be using the Diamond Club. If only for happy hour, then I wouldn't worry about it. But if you plan on going there in the morning for coffee, etc., then I would want to be close. It's nice to be able to walk down there in the morning for coffee and a Danish without having to worry about getting on the elevator and travelling.

Thanks,

Linda

Either way you will enjoy yourself. With the Oasis class usually having 3 sea days, we like deck 12 as its closer to the windjammer and pool decks. But we are pool people. Going to the other decks is all down hill, but we do like stairs. You have to like the stairs on the upper decks as the elevators can be a pain at busy times. Since I'm usually in a balcony I like the view on deck 12 better.

Will be back on Oasis in April for my 5th cruise on this ship. Always have a cabin on deck 8, it is a fantastic crossover by walking through Central Park.

In the morning you can walk over to Park Cafe for your coffee, DL is on deck 11 so you need to go down one deck if you are on 12. You can go down to the promenade deck where coffee is always available.

Thanks,

Linda

Not a huge difference. We like decks 8 and 9 for their proximity to Central Park. When were are on deck 9, it's only two decks up to the DL, not a bad stair climb for us.

If you are going to be using the front elevators there are over 140 less cabins in the front of deck 12 as opposed to deck 8, so yes a lot less activity on deck 12 forward. We love deck 12 and make several trips each day to the DL.

But DL is by the aft elevators. We always avoid forward.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app